Chapter 28- Back in Hawkins

Mike, Dustin, Suzie, Samantha, Max and Lucas walked down the hall to their 7th period. "I wonder when Jess is going to be back. It's been a week." Sam said.

"I know. I miss her." Max responded.

"I hope Will is okay. And El." Dustin said. Mike nodded.

"Who cares? Jess is a bitch." Suzie said.

"What?" Dustin said stopping in his tacks and looking at Suzie.

"She yelled at me the other day. She blamed me for killing people, which I didn't do. She's insane." Suzie continued to walk to class. Dustin turned to the group.

"What the hell?" Dustin said. "Suzie didn't kill anyone!"

"Well.." Max started.

"You agree with Jessica? Are you kidding me?" Dustin got defensive.

"If she would have given you the code faster- there is a chance that Hop and Billy would still be alive." Lucas said.

"And are you really taking Suzie's side? Just because she's your girlfriend?" Mike stated.

"Uh- no. Because she's the one that didn't kill anyone!" Dustin shouted.

"Are you saying Jess killed them?" Sam asked. She had been filled in with information by Lucas.

"N-no."

"That's exactly what your saying!" Max said.

"You're saying that Jessica was the cause of Billy and Hop dying?" Mike asked, defending his friend.

"Well, yes, n-"

"So you are! You just admitted it!" Max shouted.

"She was slowing us down! If she would have just-"

"It's not our fault she was weak!" Mike shouted.

"Yes it was! You guys-" Dustin started to shout, but got cut off by Mr. Clark.

"What's with all the yelling boys and girls? The bell rang a while ago, and I believe all of you are supposed to be in my class." Mr. Clark said.

"Sorry Mr. Clark." Dustin said, giving Mike a glare and then walked into the class room. Mike looked back at the others and scoffed. They all walked into the class.

Everyone except Dustin and Suzie went back to the Wheelers house after school. "Mom!" Mike shouted as he walked into the house, everyone following him. They all dropped their backpacks at the door.

"Yes, Mike?" Karen asked.

"Did Jess call yet?" Mike had excitement and panic in his voice.

"No, she hasn't. Is every-" Karen got cut off my by the phone ringing. Mike ran over to it.

"Jess?!" He shouted.

"Yeah! Hey Mike!" Jess said over the phone.

"Oh thank god! I'll call you back in second. Here's mom." Mike handed the phone to Karen.

"Jess are you alright? Did you make it to Wills?" Karen asked. "Good. Tell Joyce I said hello. Okay sweetie. See you." Karen smiled as she hung up the phone. Mike and the others went down stairs into the basement. Mike dialed Wills house again, and Jess picked up.

"What's up?" She said.

"It's Dustin." Mike said.

"Whats wrong with him?"

"He's taking Suzie's side. On everything. He blamed you for being slow and weak, and you for killing Billy and Hop."

"Ugh. Don't remind me. But Suzie is a bitch. Don't believe anything she says. She wants Dustin to pull away from us, and her to be his everything. I can see right through her. And obviously it was her fault for Bil and Hop. If she would have given the code to Dustin a lot faster they would probably be walking on this earth. But no! Suzie had to make us waste 2 minutes singing that god damn song."

"Yeah. We took your side. Suzie's not the best."

"Not the best? She's the worst!"

"But we need you to come back home. Dustin hasn't been the same since you left. I mean, non of us expected to have you just run off one night."

"I know and I'm sorry. Will has a problem with a bully, and I need to deal with him. Today I made him shake a little. But he doesn't know what's coming tomorrow."

"Don't bang him up to much. We don't want anything bad to happen to you." Mike looked at Sam. "Oh, and when do you think you will be coming back?"

"I.. don't know actually. Maybe in a few days. Um, I have to go. I need to help El with her homework. I'll tell her you said hi, Mike. Tell the others I said stay safe."

"Got it. Have a good night Jess."

"You too Mike." Mike hung up the phone.

"So? When is she coming back?" Sam asked.

"She will be back on the road in a few days." Mike smiled along with the others.