Chapter 20- Monster

Jess continued to cry into Max's shoulder, as El hugged her from behind. Nancy and Jonathan walked over to them. "What happened?" Nancy asked. The girls let go of each other.

"Jess was a test subject for the Hawkins lab, and was number Seven. Her memory got erased when the lab guy let her go. Will accused her of lying, because she didn't know that she had the same powers as El. El has lost them, and Jess gained them back." Max explained.

"I remembered her." El said. Nancy nodded.

"Oh.. why is she crying though?" Nancy looked at Max.

"She called Will Zombie Boy." Max said, and looked at Jonathan.

"Where is he?" Jonathan asked.

"Boys bathroom." Max replied, and Jonathan went into the bathroom. Jess looked at Nancy. Nancy went over and hugged her.

"It's okay. Jonathan is going to talk to him." She said.

"I know.. but I shouldn't have called him that." Jess replied.

Will:
Will ran into the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror, tears flowing down his face. He slammed his hand down on the sink. Mike and Lucas walked in. "Hey, dude, you okay?" Lucas asked. Will turned to them.

"Do I look, like I'm okay?!" He shouted.

"Sorry." Mike said, and leaded onto the wall.

"I can't believe.. I can't believe-" Will looked at Mike. "She lied to me.."

"Yeah. That's bullshit. She didn't tell any of us." Mike replied. Jonathan walked into the bathroom, and looked at Will. He walked over to him, and hugged his little brother. "Will, Max explained." Jonathan said.

"What did she need to explain. Jess lied to me, then calls me Zombie Boy?! What the hell would fix that?" Will looked at him.

"Jess didn't mean too. And she didn't lie. Her memory got erased-"

"I'm such an asshole..." Will said, cutting Jonathan off. Realizing what he had done. He had yelled at her, not letting her explain anything. "I- I need to-.. I'm such an asshole." Will looked at himself in the mirror, and leaned on the edge of the sink. "I love her..." Will looked at the three teenagers behind him.

"Love is a strong word, Will." Jonathan stated.

"I know. But I do. I always have, just.. more." Will looked at Jonathan. He smiled, and someone banged on the door. "We don't have time for this! We need to go!" Nancy yelled, making all the boys come out of the bathroom. Jess looked at Will, and Will looked at her. Awkward silence. Nancy and Jonathan walked over to the damaged car.

"Do you see it?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know." Jonathan replied. "It should be right here... distributor, distributor..." Will watched as Jonathan and Nancy looked for the distributor. Jess was over with Max and El. Jess looked at Will, he froze, and touched the back of his neck. He turned around and looked at the ceiling. Jess did the same, as Max also looked up. Pounding footsteps could be heard on the roof. The glass started to crack. "Mike.." Jess said, as Mike turned and looked up. Mike started gasping for air, and Jess grabbed his hand.

Jonathan grabbed the distributor. "Got it." He whisper yelled. Mike looked at Nancy. "NANCY!" He screamed. The monster snarled, and Mike took El and Jessica's hands. "Come on!" They all ran away from the center, right when all the glass shattered and hit the ground. The monster shrieked and roared. Jess stared at the walkie, were the voice of Dustin was heard. Mike grabbed her hand, and yanked it down. "Mike! Let me go!" She screamed in a whisper.

"No!" Mike said. "I'm not letting you risk your life!"

"As long as Will is okay, I don't care what happens to me." Jess pulled her hand away from him, and ran to the walkie. The monster started to send it's claw towards her, but she dogged it, and ran to the side. Sending the claw into the wall. Jess ran back over to Mike, and sat next to him. She turned down the volume of the walkie, because it was at the max. "Griswold Family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop, do you copy? Please confirm your safety!"

"Yes, yes.." Jessica was panting. "We copy, we are in danger, the Mind Flayer is in the mall-" the monster roared. "Over."

"You're in the mall?! Over." Dustin yelled.

"Billy hijacked our car and we are stuck in the mall. Over."

"Steve! Go!" Dustin said.

"Robin come on!" Steve said.

"Hey!" Dustin said, Robin turned around. "Stay in touch!"

"Got it." Robin caught the walkie, and ran after Steve.

"Stay safe. Steve is on his way. Over."

"Thanks. Over and out." Jess pushed down the antenna, which turned it off, and put it in her pocket. Will, Lucas, Nancy and Jonathan sat behind the car. Max, Mike, Jess, and El hid behind a candy stand. The monster walked to The Gap. Jess began to pant in fear. She wrapped her arms around Mike, as he comforted her as best he could. Will held onto Jonathan's right hand, as Nancy held onto his left. Nancy looked up, and saw the monster fling the Russian man to the side. It growled. Mike stood up, and looked at it. He sat back down. "It's turned away. If we go up the stairs now, we'll make it." He whispered.

"No way, not with Jessica's leg." Max responded.

"We have to try." El said. She looked at The Gap. "But there's another way.." Mike looked at her. "To get out. Through the gap." Mike looked at the monster, and then sat back down.

"Okay." He whispered. "Now." The four of them stood up, and ran into The Gap. Jess tripped on clothes and fell. The monster turned around and growled. Mike helped Jess up, and they all sat behind the register. The Mind Flayer forced itself into the Gap. The tentacle screeched as it traveled through the store, trying to find the four teenagers. The tentacle snatched the mannequin that had Els outfit on it, and through it to the wall, once it saw that it was a fake person.

The mannequin landed next to the teens. They all panted heavily.