Chapter 10- Nightmares

El and Max woke up before Jessica. They both had changed out of the pjs that Jess gave them, and put them on the chair in the corner. They put their clothes on from the day before, and went downstairs, where Mrs. Wheeler was making breakfast for the five of them. After they all ate, it was around noon. Karen went to work, as the kids made their way to the basement. Will realized someone was missing.  "Is Jess still sleeping?" Will asked.

"Yeah. When she stays up late, she sleeps till like, two." Mike said.

"We didn't really stay up late, but she also had that nightmare. I'm going to go check on her." Will stood up, and went up the stairs. He opened Jessica's door quietly, and walked in. Jess was breathing heavily, and sweating. She looked like she was in pain. "Jess?" Will said, as he got on the bed.

"Stop it!!" Jess screamed. Still tied to a chair. "Billy please.."

"Oh what's this?" Billy said, as he looked at the necklace she had. "Is it... from your parents?" He ripped it off her neck. Jessica screamed.

"Give it back.." she started to cry, as her parents showed. Coming from the dust. "Mom.. Dad.."

"Mommy, daddy." Billy mocked her. "If you want to see your parents again.. come with me. Join us."

"No. L-let me go. You fucking piece of shit. Let. Me. Go." Billy sat on her lap again, he had a pocket knife in his hands, and a lit cigarette in his mouth.

"You want to leave.. you leave with a scar." He tossed his cigarette to the side, and blew smoke in her face.

"No!" Jess said, Billy opened the pocket knife, and started to run the knife against her forearm. When he got to the middle, he pushed the knife in, going into her skin. "BILLY!" She screamed in pain.

He lifted the knife once her got down to the wrist. "See you tonight.." he kissed her, which made her wake up.

"Jess!" Will said relieved when she opened her eyes.

"W-will." She said, she was shaking in fear as she hugged him.

"Are you-" Will started but got cut off by Jess screaming in pain, as her arm began to bleed. A cut began to from on her forearm. "What-" Jess got off the bed, and ran into the bathroom. Blood dripped onto the carpet, as Will followed her.

"Will." She turned to him. "Get me my small black towel." She turned on the sink, and stuck her arm under it. She started to wimpier in pain, and started to cry. "WILL!!" She screamed. Everyone in the basement heard her.

"I can't find it!!" He yelled back.

"Then bring me the god damn red one!!"

"Why is she-" Mike heard her scream at Will. He started to run up the stairs, with everyone following him.

Will went into the bathroom with a small red towel. The rest of them came in after him. Mike looked at the cut on her arm. "What did you do?!!" Mike said.

"I didn't do it!" She took the towel from Will, and put it on her arm. She turned off the sink, and looked at Mike. "I didn't do it.."

"I believe you, but what happened?" Mike asked, walking closer to her.

"I had another nightmare. It was more physical this time." Jess sat down on the counter. "Billy told me that if I joined him, I would get to see my parents again. I said no, and that I wanted to leave... but he said to leave, he.. he said I would leave with a scar.. and this is what I got.. and in order to wake up, he has to kiss me. And it's horrible. He's so scary..." Will looked at her with sadness.