Chapter 18- Afraid

Hopper, Joyce, and Murray started looking for items that would help them down in the Russian base. Nancy and Jonathan were on the stairs talking, while Erica went over to Dustin, who was with the rest of the party members. El and Max were sitting down on the edge of the fountain, while Jess leaned on Will for support. "Well, that settles it. He's gonna die. They're gonna die." Erica said.

"Yep, most likely." Dustin replied.

"You guys survived." Lucas said, Dustin and Erica turned around.

"Barely." Dustin said. "We could've really used you guys down there."

"Could've used you up here, too." Mike said. Jess started to tear up. Dustin smiled.

"Yeah, man. We missed you, dude." Lucas said.

"Yeah." Will said.

"Big-time." Jessica's voice broke, as the original party went into a circle.

"I missed you guys, too." Dustin said. "Big-time."

"Please don't cry, nerds." Erica said, ruining the moment.

"Erica." Lucas said.

"To late." Jess said, laughing through her tears, wiping them away.

"Come here." Dustin said, pulling Jess into a hug.

"Keep saying my name, see what happens." Erica said to Lucas. Dustin and Jess released, and Dustin turned to Erica giggling.

"Hey, heads up." Hopper threw a walkie to Dustin and he caught it. "You can navigate just from someplace safe." He said.

"It's not that simple." Dustin said.

"The signal won't reach." Erica stated

"Not with this." He handed the walkie to Jess. "You need something with high enough frequency band to relay with the Russians radio tower. But for that to work, you need someone who has both seen their comms room and has access to a super-powered handcrafted radio tower, one preferably already situated at the highest point in Hawkins. Oh, wait. That's me." Hopper looked confused. "If you want us to navigate, you got us. But we need a head start." Hopper nodded and Dustin looked at Erica. "And a car." Hopper nodded.

"Hey! Harrington!" Hopper said. Steve turned around and looked at Hopper.

"Yeah?"

"Here." Hopper threw the keys to Steve, and he caught them and nodded. Dustin went to walk over to Steve, but Jess stopped him.

"Yeah?" Dustin asked.

"Stay safe please." Jess said, hugging him again.

"I will. You too." Dustin said, hugging her back. They released, and Dustin went over to Steve. Jess ran after him, and hugged Steve.

"Woah!" Steve said turning around.

"Don't let anything happen to them." Jess said. Steve kneeled down and looked at her.

"I won't." Steve smiled and hugged her. He got back up, and walked out of the mall with Dustin, Erica, and Robin.

Hopper looked at the rest of the kids left. "You guys are going to Murray's bunker." Jess nodded. Murray took out his keys, and went over to Nancy and Jonathan. He started to explain what each key was for.

Joyce went over to Will, who was standing with Jess. "Listen to me, I need to end this, but I will be back before you know it, okay?" She looked at the two. Will was scared.

"I don't know, Mom." He said, he was shaking. Jess took his hand and squeezed it.

"No, listen. You're gonna be safe there. It's- it's far away from all this. You just stick close to your brother and Jess, and- and do whatever Jonathan says. No matter what. Okay?"

"I'm not worried about us, Mom, I'm worried about you." Wills voice started to break.

"Oh, honey, I'm gonna be fine." Joyce's voice broke as she hugged Will. "Okay? I'm gonna be fine." Jess suddenly bursted out crying. Joyce squeezed Will.

"Okay, Mom." He laughed. "Okay, Mom. That's enough."

"I'm gonna be fine." She repeated.

"Okay. Mom, I can't breathe. You're suffocating me." Will said. Joyce released him. Joyce looked at Jess, who's face was full of tears, and her braid was lose.

"Oh, honey." Joyce said, hugging Jess.

"You are like- a mom to me." Jess said, choking on her tears.

"Honey.." Joyce let her tears go.

"I love you, Joyce." Jess said. Joyce began to cry harder. Will placed his hand on him moms shoulder. She calmed a little bit.

"Stay safe, okay?" Joyce said, wiping her tears away. Will and Jess nodded. "I saw you guys kiss." Joyce said. Wills face flushed with embarrassment.

"Oh." Jess said, laughing.

"I always knew you two would end up together." Joyce smiled and hug the two one more time. Joyce walked over to Murray.

"Hey.." Will said, and stood in front of his girlfriend. "You okay?" He cupped her face with his hands, she still had tears coming from her eyes. He wiped them away with his thumbs.

"I- I'm okay. Just scared. Your mom is like a mom to me, and I don't know what I would do if I lost her." Jess said looking up at her boyfriend.

"I know. But, do you have any feelings? Of something bad happening?" He asked.

"No.." she lied. "Nothing." She had a feeling that someone was not going to come out alive.

"That's good." Will smiled, and kissed her, but was quickly interrupted by Mike.

"Hey! We should probably go." He said, Jess and Will watched as El hugged her father. Jess began to cry again. Will looked at her.

"You okay?" He asked, squeezing her shoulders.

"Yeah.. I'm fine." El got up, and walked over to Mike.

"Mike?" Hop said. Mike turned around. "Be careful." Mike nodded and continued walking. Hopper looked at Jess. "Hey, come here." Jess smiled and walked over to Hop. He stood up and hugged her, and she hugged back. "Kid, it's gonna be okay." He said, rubbing her head. Will had walked away with Jonathan, giving Jess a minute alone with Hop.

"No.. it's not.." she sobbed.

"Why?" Hop asked, getting down on his knees.

"I get feelings.. and this is a bad one. One of you is going to die." She looked into his eyes. Hops face was full of shock. He was scared that he was going to lose Joyce.

"I-I won't let anything happen." He said.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I can't promise.. but I can try, okay?"

"Okay.." She said and sniffed. He hugged her once more.

"Hey.. if I'm the one that doesn't come out alive, if I die, don't cry, just look at the sky, and say goodbye." Jess nodded, and wiped her tears. She met up with Will and Max, who helped her up the stairs.

A/N: I cried while writing this chapter. Haha.