Chapter 5- Suzie?

Jess woke up in her bed, from a nightmare. She was sweating, and shaking. Mike woke up. "Hey, hey. Jess. You okay?"

"I-" she couldn't speak, she was crying.

"It's okay.." he rubbed her head. "It's okay.. what happened?"

Jess calmed down enough for her to speak. The only light in the room, was the moonlight from outside. "I- I had a nightmare.." she took a breath, as Mike nodded. "I had a nightmare.. that Will became the host again.. and he-" she choked on her words. "And he died.. that the mind flayer killed him."

"Jess.. I'm sorry.."

"Mike.." She sat up and looked at him. "I- I can't lose him."

"I know." He looked at his watch. "It's 5. It's okay.. it wasn't real. I know you are scared. But it won't happen. He's not back"

"But how do you know that Will is okay? How do you know he's not back?"

"I don't, but we need to protect Will."

"I will do everything in my power to."

"Will you be able to sleep?"

"No, I can't. Mike stay up with me. I can't be alone right now. I'm so panicked, and scared, and-"

"Calm down. I'll stay up with you. Let me make you breakfast." Mike and Jess got out of bed, and walked down the stairs quietly, turning on the kitchen light. "What do you want?" Mike asked. Jess sat down down on a bar stool.

"Whatever. I don't care right now." She rubbed her head. The phone started ringing, which scared Jess and Mike half to death. Karen, Ted, and Holly slept like the dead, so Jess quickly answered it. "Hello?"

"I-it's Will. Are you up?" He asked.

"Um, yeah. I had a nightmare, and I can't go back to sleep. I'm making myself some breakfast."

"Oh.. I called because I had a nightmare about you.."

"Oh. Um, the nightmare I had was about you.." Mike looked at Jess as she looked at him.

"The nightmare was that you were the new-"

"The new host an then died?"

"Ye-Yeah. How did you-"

"I had the same one. Just about you."

"That's very odd."

"It is, but yeah. Um. Will, you should get some sleep. I'll see you later."

"Okay. Bye." He hung up the phone.

"Did Will have the same nightmare?" Mike asked, while cracking an egg onto a hot pan on the stovetop, and ended up burning himself.

"Yeah. It was very weird. It was the same dream I had, but just about me."

"That is very weird."

Mike finished making both of them breakfast, and they ate. By the time they finished, it was 7 am. Karen had come downstairs in a robe. "Oh. Good morning." She said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hi mom." Mike said.

"Hey Karen." Jess said.

"Oh my- Jess. You're so sweaty. Are you alright?" Karen placed her hand on Jessica's shoulder.

"Yeah. It's just hot."

"Okay." Karen said.

"Thank you." Jess whispered in Mikes ear. He nodded. Jess started going up the stairs to take a shower.