Chapter 24- High School

A few days later, Jess had been up all night listening to Wills tape. She missed the feeling of him. Karen knocked on her door, "Jessica, time to get up."

"I'm already up, Karen. I'll be down in a few." Jess replied. She went into her closet and pulled out one of Wills shirts and some jean shorts. She took out a jean jacket and her black converse. She got dressed and went downstairs. Mike was already ready. "How are you feeling?" Ted asked. He had become Jessica's only father figure, and is more protective.

"I'm all right." Jess said, taking two Eggos out of the toaster.

"Eleven used to eat eggos.." Mike said.

"Oh my god, Mike." Jessica's eyes started to tear up. "You're gonna make me cry."

"Sorry. Is that Wills shirt?" Mike asked.

"So what?" Jess looked at him.

"It's just- weird." Mike turned around and started walking towards the door. "Let's get going. It's gonna rain." Jessica nodded. She went over to Holly and kissed her head.

"Have fun at school, okay?" Jess said.

"Okay!" Holly replied, and continued to eat her breakfast.

Mike and Jess grabbed their pack backs, and went outside. They got on their bikes and rode off. They met up with Dustin, Max, and Lucas on the road. They parked their bikes at the bike rack. They all had Science class together with Mr. Clark. He now works at the high school. They have him 7th period and homeroom. They walked into the school and to their lockers.

"How are you?" Max asked, after homeroom.

"Everyone's been asking that." Jess looked at Max.  "They ask it like someone died. Yes, Hopper and Billy did, but Will moved away. It's not like I won't see him again."

"Sorry." Max said. She took out her geometry text book. "Home doesn't feel like home anymore."

"I know, I'm sorry." Jess hugged Max.

"It's all right. I'll see you later." Max closed her locker and went to class. Jess started to cry. She took her sketchbook from her locker, and went into the bathroom. She locked the stall door, and sat down. She cried her eyes out, until someone walked in. "Hello?" A girl said.

Jessica stayed silent. "I can hear you crying. Are you okay?" Jess wiped her eyes, and walked out of the stall. She had never seen her before. She had blonde hair, with brown eyes.

"I'm fine." Jess said, and walked over to the sink.

"Well, I'm not going to bug you about it. I'm Samantha, by the way." She stuck out her hand.

"Jessica." Jess took her hand and shook it.

"Who do you have?" Samantha asked.

"Um, I have Mrs. Smith for art." Jess replied.

"Me too. Can you take me? This is my first day." Samantha looked at Jess.

"Y-Yeah sure." Samantha followed Jess out of the bathroom.
••

7th period came around. The party, and Samantha were in that class. Everyone sat down in the front two rows. Jess took the spot were Will would be. A new girl walked into the class, and Dustin stood up. "Suzie?" He said. The girl got excited.

"Dusty-bun!" She shouted. Dustin got up, and hugged her. He lifted her up, and spun around. Jessica's jaw dropped.

"What are you doing here?" Dustin said, setting her down, and putting his arms around her waist.