Chapter 23- 3 Months Later

Joyce wanted to move out of Hawkins. 3 months after the battle, the Byers needed help packing. Jessica and Will were in his room, while Dustin, Lucas and Max were in the living room. Lucas and Max were making fun of Dustin, with the song Never-Ending story. "🎶Turn around, look at what you see, in her face, the mirror of your dreams, rhymes that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds.🎶"

"I'll be right back, Will." Jess said. Will nodded, and she walked into the living room.

"Wait, did we get that verse right? It's 'unfold behind the clouds'?" Max asked.

"Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?" Dustin suggested. Jess giggled and walked over to him.

"So then join in, Dusty-bun." Lucas blew Dustin an air kiss.

"Yeah, come on, Dusty-bun, why don't you join us?" Max said. Jess looked at Dustin, an annoyed look was on his face.

"You guys are so funny, you should be on Carson." Jess said sarcastically, sitting down next to Dustin, helping him put stuff in the box.

"Can't we just hear your rendition?" Max asked.

"No." Dustin replied.

"Please? Just one verse?" Max begged.

"No. No way. It's reserved for Suzie's ears and Suzie's ears alone." Dustin stated, and looked at Jess. She smiled, and continued to pack the box. Lucas looked at Max. And they started singing again.

"🎶Turn around, look at what you see🎶" Lucas did finger guns, and pointed them at Jess and Dustin. He ran his hands on his chest, which make Jess start laughing. "🎶 In their face,🎶" Dustin put up his middle finger. Lucas clapped as they continued to sing. Jess giggled, and stood up. She walked back into the hall, bumping into Will, who had books in his arms. Will stopped in his tracks, and looked at Jess. He had sadness in his eyes, and continued walking. Jess stood there, and watched as he put the books in the donation box. The game on top, was Dungeons and Dragons.

"Whoa, dude. That's the donation box." Mike said. Jess stayed in the hall.

"I know. I'll just use yours when I come back. I mean, if we still wanna play." Will stated. Jessica's eyes filled with tears.

"Yeah, but what if you want to join another party?" Mike asked.

"Not possible." Will respond. Mike smiled. Will started walking back towards his room, taking Jessica's hand. The room was empty, except for the radio. Will closed the door, and put Jess in the center of the room. "Close your eyes." He said. Jessica closed them.

"What are you doing?" She giggled.

"You'll see." He smiled, and turned to the radio. The song 'Love of My Life' started to play.

"Can I open them yet?" Jess asked.

"No." Will said. He walked over to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Now you can." He rested his head on hers. She opened her eyes, and looked into Wills. Tears filled the eyes of her boyfriend. Will suddenly started to sing. "🎶Love of my life, you've hurt me. You've broken my heart and now you leave me. Love of my life, can't you see..🎶" Tears fell down his face.

"🎶Bring it back, bring it back, don't take it away from me, because you don't know what it means to me..🎶" Jess started. Will smiled.

"You have a gorgeous voice, you know." He said. Jessica smiled. Her and Will started to slow dance around the room. "🎶Love of my life, don't leave me. You've taken my love and now desert me.. love of my life, can't you see?🎶"