Chapter 17- Explain

Jess screamed loudly, as she sobbed. Jess was squeezing Wills hand. "What is that?" Erica asked.

"There's something in there." Mike said.

"No!" Jess screamed.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin said.

Jonathan stood up. "Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan started running towards Great Cookie.

"No!" Jess screamed again.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin said again

"Jess, I need to you to stay awake." Will said.

"Okay.." She said weakly. A few moments later, Jess started to doze off.

"Hey, hey, hey, stay awake, stay awake." Mike said, shaking her shoulders. "Let's get her on this side, on this side."

"Easy, easy, easy, easy." Nancy, Steve, and Mike said, while turning Jess around. She was leaning into Wills stomach, with his legs on either side of her.

"It's uh... You know, it's not actually that bad. There was a..." Everyone looked at Robin. "The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

"Robin." Steve said.

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

"You're not helping." Steve stated.

"I'm sorry." She replied. Jonathan came running up from behind them. He had a kitchen knife, and gloves. He sat down in front of her.

"Jonathan, no!" Will said when he saw the knife.

"I'm sorry." He said. "But I have too." Jonathan looked at Jess. "Okay. All right, Jess? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Obviously!" Jess screamed.

"But, I need you to stay real still." Dustin looked at Jonathan with concern. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" Will took the wooden spoon from him, and put it in Jessica's mouth.

"Jesus Christ." Dustin said, again.

Jess spit out the spoon. "Shut up, Dustin!" She shouted. Dustin quickly nodded and shut up. Will put the spoon back in her mouth. Jonathan held her leg with one hand, with the knife in the other.

"Holy shit. Holy shit." Dustin exclaimed, with the look of fear on his face.

"Dustin!" Will said. Will looked at Jonathan. Jonathan looked at Jess. She shook her head. "Do it." Will said. Jess looked up at him. "I'm sorry." He said. She took his hand, and he kissed her head. "You will be okay." She nodded and closed her eyes.

"Okay." Jonathan said. Dustin started to murmur, he was very uncomfortable. Jonathan pushed down the knife, and it went into Jessica's flesh, she squeezed Wills hand. Everyone stayed quiet, as Jess screamed, bitting onto the spoon. She has felt this before with Billy, but this was worse. Blood started to flow down the sides of her leg. Jonathan set the knife down. Jess opened her eyes and looked at Jonathan. "I'm sorry." He said and closed his eyes. Jessica sobbed and closed her eyes again.

Jonathan slowly put his hand in the cut he made. Jessica screeched in pain, squeezing Wills hand harder. Will was also crying, and everyone looked scared and discussed. Jess screamed once again. "Jonathan!" Nancy yelled.

"Stop talking!" Jonathan shouted. El looked at him. Jonathan started to feel around for the thing. "Goddamn it!"

"No! Stop it!" El finally shouted. "Stop! Stop!" Nancy stopped Jonathan and he took his hand out of the cut. He looked at El. Jess opened her eyes, and looked at El. "I can do it." She said. Jonathan moved out of the way, and El sat down. Jess looked at her.