Chapter 26- Springfield, Illinois

Jess left the hotel room the next morning. After being alone on the road for five days, she finally made it to Springfield. She had the address of her boyfriend, and rode up to the house. It was a small house in a nice neighborhood.

She dropped her bike on the grass, and walked up the steps

She dropped her bike on the grass, and walked up the steps. She walked up to the door and took a breath. She knocked on the door and waited.

Will and Joyce were in the kitchen, it was a Monday afternoon, Will was working on his homework. He sat on the bar stool, with his schoolwork on the counter. Joyce was leaning over, helping him.  They both heard the knock. "Were you expecting anyone?" Joyce asked her son.

"No." Will answered confused. Joyce got up, and walked over to the front door. She opened it revealing Jess. The girls wrapped their arms around each other.

"What are you- Karen didn't call-" Jessica cut Joyce off.

"I came alone." Jess said. "I woke up one night, from a nightmare, and I-" Will walked up from behind Joyce and Jess looked at him. His hair had been cut. He was wearing a sweater. It was chilly.

Will looked at Jess in shock

Will looked at Jess in shock. Time stopped for a second. They just stared at each other, which felt like forever, and finally moved into a hug. Will started tearing up, as he buried his face in her hair, which she hadn't washed for a week. "What are you doing here? Mom did you-" Will started.

"No. I came alone. Can I come inside? It's freezing!" Jess said.

"Yeah, Yeah! Of course." Will said, letting Jess pass him. She walked into the kitchen, and went straight to the fridge. She was starving.

"Do you guys have..." Jess looked in the fridge.

"I was just about to make some pasta. Jonathan is at work. Will, can you take Jessica upstairs?" Joyce closed the fridge.

"Yeah." Will took Jessica's hand and they made their way upstairs.

Jess and Will walked into the nerdiest bedroom in the world. Their were drawings all over the walls, pictures of them and the party, and one that caught Jessica's eye. (Pretend its Will And Jess lol and that it's a drawing)

"Did you draw that?" Jess asked, walking over to the drawing

"Yeah." Will said. He set her backpack down on his double bed.

"That's- Wow.." Jess was shocked.

"I drew it in art class when I was supposed to be doing something else. Anyway, why did you come here? I mean, I'm happy and all, but why alone?"

Jess sat down on Wills bed. He walked over and sat on the floor in front of her. "I've been dreading this moment. Here's what happened:"

Dream:
Will was walking down the hallways of his new school. The school bully named Bobby, walked up beside him. He slammed his arm into Will, sending him into the lockers. Will hit them and fell to the ground. "Hey new kid! Get out of this fucking school! You don't belong here, fagot!" Bobby yelled, as he walked down the hall laughing. Will sat there on the ground as the kids in the hallway laughed. He stayed there until the halls were empty. He ran out of the school, got on his bike, and went home.
The scene changed, and Will was once again in the hall, with Bobby. This time, Bobby pinned Will ageist the lockers, and got way to close. "G-get off me." Will said weakly.

"You want me to get off, gay boy? Make me." Bobby said, breathing down Wills neck. Will felt seduced and angry.

"I said, get the fuck off me." Will said, pushing Bobby off him with all his strength and running away.
•••

"Oh my-" Will said, as he laid flat on the ground.

"What?" Jess asked.

"That actually happened. Today." Will said and got up.

"I knew something was up." Jess said angrily. "Guess what."

"Hm?" Will walked over to Jess and stood in front of her. He moved the hair out of her face.

"I'm going to school with you tomorrow. Let's see how Bobby feels after I arrive." Jess smirked.

"Oh yeah." Will said, lifting Jessica up, making her scream. She wrapped her legs around Wills hips, as his arms supported her.

"Have you been working out?" She asked.

"Possibly." Will said. He looked into her eyes and everything stopped. Jess sat there smiling, as he moved closer. Jess and Wills lips touched.

Will placed her down on the bed, and didn't let their lips separate.

There was a knock at the door. Will and Jess separated as quickly as possible, as Jonathan walked in. "Oh, did I interrupt something?" He asked.

"Not really." Will said. Jonathan walked towards the teens and hugged Jessica.

"Jess, are you going to school with Will tomorrow?" Jonathan asked.

"Yeah. I need to stand up to Bobby."

"How do you know about Bobby?"

"I had a dream, and what happened to him today, was what happened in my dream a week ago."

"That's weird. I came up because Will and I have a brother talk everyday when I get home from work."

"That's good. Mike is just an asshole." That caused the room to go into laughter. "Oh! Where's El?" Jess asked in a panic.

"Oh. She came home with me. She goes to a special school which is longer, so she can get to the high school level faster. Because you know, she didn't have proper education. So I pick her up after work."

Jess nodded. "FOOD!" Joyce shouted from downstairs.

"Fuck ya!" Jess said, getting up and running down the stairs. Jonathan put his arm around his younger brother.

"She's a keeper." Jonathan said. Will nodded and chuckled.