Chapter 2- A day, with no girls, except Jess

The next morning, Jess went to the basement, waking up Mike. He fell out of his bed. "AH!" He screamed. "What the hell, Jess?!" He said, standing quickly.

"Um. It's D&D day? Set the table up Mike. I'll call everyone." Jess walked over to the phone and called Will. He picked up,

"Hey Jess." He said.

"Hey. Come over to my house. Bring our D&D outfits."

"Why?"

"Just do it Will!" Jess hung up the phone. She used Mikes walkie, and told Dustin and Lucas to get over here.

Later, there was a knock at the basement door, it was Will. He came down the stairs. He looked at Jess, and then Mike. "Are we finally playing D&D?!" He said excitedly.

"Yes, we are. I made Mike take a day off of Eleven. Oh!! That reminds me." Jess turned to Mike. "You need to call her." She smiled.

"Ugh. I haven't been looking forward to this." Mike walked over to the phone, and called El.

"Where are you?" She said.

"Hey.. I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing you today. I'm going to be with Will today." Mike looked over at Jess. She gave him a thumbs up. Dustin and Lucas came down the steps quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll see you tomorrow, El. Spend some time with Hopper." Mike hung up the phone.

Jess clapped, and Will laughed. "Let's start this campaign." Will said. They all sat down, and started.

Many, many, MANY hours later, ten hours later, they ended the campaign. It was 8pm. They had started at 10am. "That. Was fun." Will said, leaning back in his chair. He fell, and Jess busted out laughing, helping him up.

"Yeah. Like the good old days." Mike said. "That was actually surprisingly fun. I didn't think I would still have fun playing this."

"You can never grow out of D&D Mike." Jess said.

"That's true." Dustin giggled.

"That was fun." Lucas said, not sounding amused.

"Lucas did you not have fun?" Jess looked at him.

"No. I did."

"You just don't sound like you did." Jess said.

"I did. I'm starving." Mike said.

"I am too." Jess said, looking at the boys. They nodded.

"I'll go." Mike said. "Will come with me." He looked at Jess and winked. She nodded.

The two boys stood up, and started walking up the stairs. "Hey, Will can I ask you something?"

"Yeah." Will glanced at him. "What is it?"

"How do you feel about Jess?"

"She's my best friend, my first best friend. I've grown up with her. I love her so much, as a friend of course. She is so sweet, and is much most loyal to me, than you three." Will looked at him.

"Oh.. so you don't have a crush on her?"

"What? No. Ew. Gross."

"Alllrrriiiggghhtt.." Mike said. They opened the door to the main floor. Karen was in the kitchen.

"Hey boys. You guys hungry?" She asked.

"Yeah. What do you have, mom?" Mike said opening the fridge.

"I made some pasta earlier. You want the leftovers?" Mike took the leftover food out of the fridge.

"Yeah, thanks mom. Will, can you go get the others?" Will nodded and went down into the basement.

"Guys. Mrs. Wheeler is warming up food. Come on up." He said. The four kids went back up the stairs, and into the dinning room. They all sat down, and served themselves.

After they ate, the five kids took over the living room. Jess was in the middle of Will and Mike, Dustin and Lucas took the chairs. "What movie are we gonna watch?" Dustin asked.

"Star Wars!!" Jess screamed loudly.

"Why Star Wars?" Mike asked.

"We used to watch it all the time! Come on Mike." Jess put her hand on Wills thigh, while she was talking. "This is a day, from three years ago, when we played hours of D&D, and then watched a movie. Will and I need this." She realized she had put her hand on Will, and quickly removed it. She blushed, and Will blushed, and looked away. Jess looked at Mike, he winked. Jess stuck her tongue out at him.

"Alright! Star Wars it is!" Dustin said as he grabbed the VHS, and put it in the VHS player.

When the movie was over, Jess had fallin asleep on Wills lap. Dustin shook her shoulder. "Jess." He said. Jess slowly sat up, and then fell onto Mikes lap.

"AHG!" He screamed. Jess was still asleep, even though she had just slammed her head on Mike.

"I have to get going." Will said, standing up.

"Me too." Lucas and Dustin said.

"Alright. Bye guys! Will, don't go missing tonight." Mike said. Will have him a solider solute, and Mike did the same. The three boys walked out.

"Jess. They left." Jess sat up.

"Shiiiiit!!" She screamed, putting her head in her hands, and leaned forward.

"Hey. It's okay." He put his hand on her shoulder. "Jess. Why are you panicking? You're shaking."

"I- I'm sorry." She said. "I can't like Will. Not-" she looked at him. "Not in that way. I- I just can't." She started to cry.

"It's not like you're losing him. He is your best friend. El and I don't even talk, we always kiss, and I mean, I'm not complaining, bu-"

"Not helping Mike."

"S-Sorry. Go sleep on it." Mike stood, Jess did as well.

"Yeah. That's a good idea. Good night Mike."

"Good night, Jess." Mike went down the stairs, as Jess went up.

She had a picture from Halloween last year. Where they had two Vankmen, and she was a ghost. Her eyes went to Will, his eyes were a beautiful shade of hazel. She thought about Will kissing her. It made her blush. "Stop it!" She said to herself, throwing herself onto the bed. "Nancy."

She got up, and walked to Nancy's room. She knocked on the door. No answer. She opened the door slowly, Nancy wasn't there. "Damn it!" She said as she slammed the door, and went back into her room. She got back on her bed, and took off her shorts.

"Damn it." She said again. She put on some light music, and drifted off to sleep.