Promise ring

Natalie's POV

The results for our exams were being sent home today. My heart was racing and time was moving very slow.

I was sitting in my last lesson for the day staring at the clock. I waited and waited until finally the rang. I had already packed my things so I bolted out the door to my locker.

I threw my books in my locker, grabbed what I needed for homework, grabbed my bag and shut my locker. As I was about to run off I felt someone grab my arm.

"Hey, what's the hurry?" Jai asked pulling me close towards him.

"Umm.. Jai? The results for our exams were sent home today." I reminded him.

"I know. But why are you in such a rush?" He persisted.

"Because I wanna know what my future holds. Come on." I laughed and pulled him towards the door.

____________________________________________

I check the letter box but there was nothing there. Mum has definetely got it. Jai had gone his way and Sydney was running close behind.

"Sydney! Hurry up!" I shouted and we both laughed. She caught up to me breathing heavily and we raced into the house. We dropped our bags in the entrance and ran into the house where mum was sitting at the dining table with a serious look on her face. Oh god.

"Girls. Take a seat." Mum ordered. We slowly walked over to the dining table holding hands and sat down still holding hands.

"Natalie, Sydney, I don't know what I'm going to do." She sighed. I thought I was about to cry.

"I don't think you two can live here anymore. People are gonna expect too much from us. You passed!" She exclaimed. Sydney and I jumped up and down and were cheering.

"What were our scores?" I asked.

"Natalie you got 98% and Sydney you got 94%. That's the average of all of the exams put together. Here. Read through them and see what got for each of them and the comments. I'm so proud of you girls." Mum smiled handing us the papers and standing up to hug us and kiss us.

________________________________________________

I was ringing Jai when he finally answered.

"Hey baby."

"Hey! Guess what?!"

"You passed?"

"Hell yeah! 98% average on all of the exams put together. What about you?"

"Passed! I got 97% but I passed!"

"That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm really proud of you baby. I knew you were gonna pass so I pre-planned you a little something. I'll pick you up at 5 ok?"

"Ok. I'll see you soon. Bye! I love you!"

"I love you too. Bye." He hung up and I looked at the time. 4:35PM. What?!

I ran into the bathroom, had a shower, got dressed in ( http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/81557443222172390_92Z2XXU1_b.jpg ), brushed my teeth, straightened my hair and did my usual make-up.

I ran out of the bathroom and into my room when I grabbed my bag. I ran downstairs, said goodbye to everyone and then bolted out the door. I jumped into Jai's car and kissed him on the cheek before we drove off.

_________________________________________

He parked the car and we got out of the car. As I turned around after I closed my door I felt Jai rest his hands on the car either side of me. He smirked as I blushed and leaned forward for a strong and passionate kiss.

After we pulled away he grabbed my hand and led me towards the park that was close by. There was no one around except for us.

We walked a bit further until I saw a picnic blanket with food and drinks on it set out on the grass. I leaned my head on Jai's shoulder as we walked towards it. We sat down and he grabbed my hands and held them in his.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it." I smiled. He winked and pulled me close to him. I sat in his lap as we began eating. He had made fruit salad with sugar (Which, thanks to me, he has learnt to love), garlic bread, pasta salad, brownies and chocolate covered strawberries (My favorite).

After we finished eating we tried to throw MnM's into each other's mouths. We weren't doing so well.

"Ok. Don't move. I know how to aim." He laughed as he threw another piece. It bounced straight off my nose.

"Great aim." I clapped sarcastically and we both laughed. He pulled me back into his arms and held me tight.

"I have something for you." He told me. I turned to face him and he pulled out a ring ( http://www.funkyfashiontrend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Garnet-Heart-Promise-Ring-with-Diamonds-in-10K-Yellow-Gold.jpg ). I gasped when I saw it.

"It's a promise ring. I want you to keep it no matter what. I want us to be old and grey and going through a memory box and finding this ring and remembering these moments right here, right now. The moments when we're together." He explained as he grabbed my hand and slid the ring on my right index finger.

A tear slid down my cheek and I sat there shocked. A promise ring is like an engagement ring except you're not getting married, you're just promising to be together until then.

He put a hand under my chin, lifted it up, wiped away my tear and looked deep into my eyes.

"I love you so much Natalie." He whispered taking his hand out from under my chin and holding my hand instead.

"I love you too Jai. Thank you so much. It means the world to me." I whispered back.

"And you mean the world to me." He smiled before leaning forward for a soft and loving, yet rough and passionate kiss.

The feeling of being loved by someone so much is indescribable. I couldn't believe he had given me a promise ring. It was at that moment that I knew we were going to be together. Forever.