Chapter Thirty Nine

- Momo -

As I opened my eyes, a soft light filled the room. I quickly realized that I wasn't in my bed. I propped myself up on my arm and rubbed my eyes. Oh yeah... Shoto and I must have fallen asleep on the couch last night. I heard a groan next to me. I glanced over and saw Shoto next to me on the couch. I started to sit up completely; but before I could, he pulled me closer to him.

"Shoto..." I whispered, trying to move his arm so I could get up, "Shoto, it's morning."

"Hmmm?" He groaned, nuzzling into the pillow.

"It's morning." I repeated. "Wait... that means... Shoto! It's Christmas!"

He squinted his eyes open to look at me.

"Oh yeah... Christmas." He gave a soft smile and let me go before he closed his eyes again.

"Shoto, come on! I know you like to sleep in, but come on! It's Christmas!" I told him, still trying to get him up.

"What time is it?"

I grabbed my phone to check.

"It's 8:19 am."

"Momo, it's so early!" He whined trying to pull me to lay down again, "Sleep some more."

He succeeded in pulling me down and wrapped his arms around me again.

"But Shoto!" I laughed at him, "It's Christmas! Don't you want to see what I got you?"

"No, I'd rather stay right here." He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I smiled at him before caving in. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep, but I could definitely lay with him longer.

It wasn't long before everyone else was up. Shoto reluctantly got up, but he was excited about Christmas too. We opened our presents from our parents. Our families also got generic gifts for each other since we didn't know each other that well.

After all the presents were opened, we started making breakfast. We decided to have pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, and more. It seemed like a lot, but there are eight mouths to feed. We all wanted to help cook and spend time together, but it was almost as bad as making cookies last night. Flour was everywhere, Endeavor accidentally broke at least three eggs because he used too much force, and Natsuo kept messing up the pancakes. Eventually the parents sent the kids out to lessen the chaos. The four of us went and played cards until breakfast was ready.

We all got cleaned up after the meal. Most of us we covered in flour, batter, etc. from cooking earlier. We all settled down to relax on the couch for a bit and watch Christmas movies while eating cookies. I looked at everyone and I smiled to myself. Rei seemed very happy to be with her kids again. Endeavor was even getting along fairly well with everyone. My parents were curled up and they looked very happy as well.

I know that Shoto and I haven't been together all that long, but something about this seemed right. It seemed peaceful and warm. I glanced at Shoto and smiled. I'm so happy with him and I'm so glad we met. Shoto glanced over and met my gaze.

"What?" He whispered.

"Nothing," I shook my head, "I'm just happy."

He smiled at me and squeezed my hand. When the movie ended, we put on some Christmas music and the adults went to cook dinner. Shoto and I stayed in the living room curled up in front of the fire.

"I don't want to seem materialistic, but you mentioned a present earlier." Shoto spoke up after a while. I felt my face heat up and I tried to wave it off.

"It's nothing big, just a little something!"

"Can I open it? It is Christmas."

"Let me get it." I told him. I went into the room I was sharing with Fuyumi and grabbed the carefully wrapped box. I took it to the living room and handed it to Shoto.

"Like I said... It's nothing fancy..." I reminded him and he untied the bow.

"Don't worry Momo. I'm sure I'll love it no matter what." He reassured me. He tore the wrapping paper off of the box and I was starting to get nervous. I really hope he likes what I got him. He opened up the box and looks up at me.

"Are these," he questioned, "Are these the same dolls you made during the final exam when we were partners?"

"Yeah, you seemed to be interested in them so I made one of them for you plus one that looks like you to go with it." I explained timidly. I was worried he wouldn't like it, "I'm sorry if you don't like them..."

"No, I like them." He answered. I glanced up and saw him smiling at the dolls, "I like them a lot."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's very thoughtful." He told me, grabbing my hand and giving it a kiss. I smiled. I'm so glad he enjoyed his present.

"Do you want to see what I got you?" He asked and I nodded. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

"Shoto... Is that..." I questioned. It looked a lot like a ring box. Shoto wouldn't propose yet, would he? We've only been dating like three months and we still have school and-

"Just open it." He said interrupting my thoughts. He held the box out to me and I carefully took it from his hand. I took a deep breath before finally opening the box. It snapped open and I found a necklace inside. I sighed in relief. I love Shoto, but we're too young to be married. The necklace was a gold chain with a small oval opal pendant.

"It's beautiful." I told him with a smile. I took the necklace out of the box, "Could you help me put it on?"

"Of course." He said taking the necklace from me. I moved my hair out of his way and made sure the necklace was facing the right way, "There you go."

I looked down and played with the necklace. The stone is generally white, but has reflective bits of pale blue, a light pink, and a soft green.

"This really is a lovely necklace Shoto. Thank you!" I told him. I leaned over and gave him a kiss. This Christmas has been absolutely wonderful.