Chapter Twenty Nine

- Yaoyorozu -

I stepped out of the car and thanked Chinen for the ride. I was shaking from my nerves to meet Endeavor and Shoto's siblings. He left Saturday morning to make sure everything was prepared. That meant that I had to come by myself to his house.

I'm really starting to understand why Shoto showed up so early at my house when he had to meet my family. I was so nervous that I've been ready for three hours now. I didn't want to come early and risk upsetting Endeavor for being that early so I stayed at the dorms worrying.

I stared up at the house. It's very large, but it isn't as large of an estate as my family's house. The style was a very traditional Japanese, much like Shoto's dorm room. It was a beautiful house, but I know some very unhappy things happened here.

I took a shakey step towards the house. I was so nervous. Endeavor, by all means, was a horrible father; and even though Shoto isn't fond of him I felt the need to make a good impression. It would make it much easier for Shoto and I in the long run if I did.

I checked the time. Fifteen minutes early. That's reasonable, isn't it? I sighed. The only benefit Shoto had from the day he met my family, is that he met them all that day (or at least all of the important ones). This is practically my third time meeting his family.

I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard Shoto inside call out that he'd get it when the door flew open.

"Momo Yaoyorozu! It's so great to see you again!" Shoto's sister cooed bringing me inside.

"I said I was going to get it." Shoto complained. He walked over and gave me a hug and a quick peck on the cheek, "Hello Baby, how are you?" I smiled and blushed.

"I guess I'm doing ok." I told him taking my shoes off like Shoto told me I should.

"Alright, you two can relax some while I finish cooking supper! Dad should be home soon." Fuyumi remarked. Shoto nodded and led me further into the house.

"Would you like a tour?" He asked

"That would be wonderful!" I agreed. He started to explain and show me where things were. Living room, dining room, training room, etc. Their house seemed a little confusing to me, but Shoto probably thought the same thing about mine.

Shoto's brother, Natsuo, was in his room trying to finish up some homework before dinner. We said hi to him and left him to his homework again.

We went back to the living room at the end of the tour to chat. We could hear the front door open and shut. I glanced at Shoto. We were thinking the same thing: Endeavor's home. I heard his heavy steps walking towards us.

"There she is." Endeavor said walking into the room. He was still in his hero costume and; I hate to admit it, he was intimidating. Any comfort I had shot out the window and fell to the ground like a concrete block dropped from a skyscraper. This was the number one hero and I was dating his son.

My smile faltered as I looked up at him. Shoto nudged me and I stood up to introduce myself.

"Hello sir, I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. Nice to meet you." I stuck my hand out for a handshake.

"You're a Yaoyorozu?" He asked with a low voice. I held in a squeak and nodded. He looked me up in down. His eyebrows were furrowed and he seemed deep in thought. I started to lower my hand when he grabbed it.

"It's very nice to meet you Yaoyorozu. I've heard great things about your family. They're very respected, no?"

"Yes, sir, they are." I managed. He was still shaking my hand and since he was stronger I was practically being shook around. I think he noticed because he released my hand.

"Wonderful! My Shoto here needs to be with someone respectable. He has an image to uphold."

"Dinner's ready!" Fuyumi called out from the kitchen. Thank goodness for that timing, I had no idea how to respond to Endeavor's statement. The five of us started to gather around the table for dinner.

"Wow Fuyumi, there's so much food!" I remarked. The table was covered in a wide variety of different entrees and sides.

"I wasn't sure what you'd like so I tried to make a little bit of everything." She admitted. Fuyumi was really sweet, just like her mom.

The start of dinner went smoothly. Endeavor talked about his day at work - which thankfully kept him from talking about Shoto and me. Unfortunately though, we soon reached the end of the events in Endeavor's day.

"So Momo, where do you go to school?"

"Are you serious?" Shoto practically growled. I patted his arm to calm him down.

"It's fine. I actually go to U.A. like Shoto. We're in the same class." I explained.

"I had no idea." Endeavor said

"She was in the top 16 at the Sports Festival." Shoto added, "She was in my team for the calvary battle. How could you not know?"

"It wasn't my priority at the time." Endeavor argued, "I was too focused on my son who was being too stupid to win the Sports Festival."

I glanced at Shoto. He looked calm, but when I looked into those eyes I saw rage. Shoto with his father is a lot like me with my grandma.

Neither adult can tell when they've angered the other until it's too late. Shoto and Endeavor were staring each other down. This is not good.

"So what if I didn't win?"

"Don't be foolish Shoto."

"I still got the most offers. Over four thousand."

"You could have had more if you would just use your left side! I created you to be powerful!"

Suddenly the pair of them and myself shot up from the table. I could take Endeavor's ignorance towards me, but to harass Shoto like this? Absolutely not. I not going to allow that.