Chapter Thirty Four

- Yaoyorozu -

Everything had been so busy recently, that I can't really remember the last time I talked to my parents for more than a few minutes. Now that the culture festival was over, Shoto and I were able to visit in order to have dinner. Getting a pass proved to be a little difficult, but after agreeing to being escorted to and from the dinner by Mr. Aizawa the school agreed.

"I'll be back here at eight p.m. sharp. Be ready." Aizawa reminded us at the front gate to my family's estate. Shoto and I nodded in understanding and punched in the code for the gate. It swung open and we started to walk up the drive. After the walk, we were greeted at the front door by Mr. Endo.

"Hello Miss Yaoyorozu. Oh, and Mr. Todoroki. Very nice to see you again." Endo greeted the two of us. "Mr. and Mrs. Yaoyorozu are waiting for you in the drawing room. Follow me."

"Thank you Endo." I said.

"Why does he have to guide us? You live here." Shoto pointed out.

"It's a respect thing, don't worry." I told him.

"Oh, give me just a second. My shoe's untied." Shoto stopped to tie his shoe. "I'll be right there."

"Alright, I'll see you in there Shoto." I nodded. I walked up to the doors. Endo opened them up for me.

"Announcing the arrival of Miss Momo Yaoyorozu." Endo proclaimed as I walked into the room.

"Ah! Welcome home Momo!" My mom gushed, standing to give me a hug.

"Nice to see you again kiddo." My dad said patting my shoulder.

"Now announcing the arrival of Mr. Shoto Todoroki." Endo added as Shoto walked into the room.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Yaoyorozu. It's a pleasure to see you again." Shoto greeted my parents with an extended hand. They seemed surprised by his presence. They shared confused glances with each other before shaking his hand.

"Momo, I thought this was a family dinner." My mom whispered to me.

"Yes, it is." I confirmed with a nod. I was very excited for us to all get together and chat.

"Then why is your classmate here?"

"Classmate? What do you mean? Shoto and-"

"Shoto?" My dad interrupted with wide eyes, "You're on a first name basis?"

"Yes, of course!"

"You two must be close now." My mom remarked.

"I'd hope so, since we're dating." Shoto said bluntly.

"Dating?" My mom raised an eyebrow, "Since when?"

"What do you mean since when? We've been together for almost two months now. I told you about it!" I reminded them. How could they forget?

"We never got that news." My dad insisted.

"What? Did Mom not tell you?" I asked.

"Only because you didn't tell me." My mom remarked.

"You didn't tell them we were dating?" Shoto whispered to me.

"I must have forgotten!" I admitted. No wonder they were so confused. "I'm sorry mom and dad! It's just been so busy!"

"That's alright dear, we're very happy to have you two over for dinner." My mom assured us. "Let's head on to the breakfast nook then. There's no sense mussing up the dining room for the four of us."

We began our walk over to that side of the house. Shoto reached out to grab my hand. I felt back for convincing him go join us and having to put him through that awkwardness.

"Are you doing ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He nodded. He was nervous. Shoto talks less around people he doesn't know very well. Hopefully dinner still goes well.

Mom had Endo set another place for Shoto and we all sat down at the table. Dinner looked amazing and I was very excited to get together peacefully like this. It's exactly what Shoto needed.

Dinner went surprisingly well. While Shoto didn't start any conversations, he did answer questions my parents asked him and commented in other discussions. All in all, I think it went very smoothly. We returned to the drawing room after dinner to relax a little bit longer before Mr. Aizawa returned to escort us back to campus.

We chatted for a while before Endo announced that it was 7:50. We said our goodbyes to my parents, who insisted that we try to come over again as soon as possible. We agreed and told them that we would let them know when we could.

Endo walked us to the front door and wished us a safe trip. Shoto and I thanked him before starting down the steps. I took Shoto's hand into my own.

"I can't believe you forgot to tell your parents that we were dating." Shoto chuckled as we began walking back to the front gate.

"I can't believe it either! I'm usually on top of these things!" I remarked and he nodded.

"You are." He agreed, slightly bumping into my shoulder.

"Oh well, at least it went well!"

"Yes, that was nice."

"Did you like the food?" I asked him.

"It was very good."

"That's good!"

"Hey Momo?"

"Yes Shoto?"

"I love you."

"I love you too!"

"Good." He smiled.

"I'm really glad you came with me." I told him, squeezing his hand. He squeezed it back.

"I'm glad I came too. It was a nice change of pace from everything."

"Life's always going to be wild for us." I reminded him.

"I'll be fine as long as you're beside me the whole way."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. You're my peace. As long as you're ok, so am I."

"That's sweet, Shoto!"

"It's the truth." He insisted.

"Good, because I feel the same way." I gave him a quick kiss and we finished our walk to the gate.

"It's about time." Aizawa remarked.

"It's 8:00 p.m. right now." Todoroki told him. Aizawa stared at him for a second before shaking his head.

"Let's go. It'll be curfew soon after we get back. You already left campus, you're not breaking curfew too." He insisted. Shoto and I smiled at each other. We knew he acted strict, but we knew that deep down, he cares about his students.

A/N: back from vacation!! Check out some pictures from it in my tag/personal book if you want to see some mountains, wildlife, waterfalls, and of course, me, lol. Thanks for reading guys!!