Chapter Thirty Seven

- Yaoyorozu -

Winter break came much faster than I anticipated it would. We were able to return home for the holidays. My family and I packed up to go to our winter vacation home. We left this morning and arrived just around lunch time. Endo, Chinen, and our maid Tanaka all came with us, but not as employees. The vacation home has a guest house and my parents pay for all their expenses so they get a vacation too. My parents do all the cooking and cleaning while we stay here. It's a little ironic that they do all the work on vacation, but that's their way of relaxing and feeling normal.

Shoto said his family was all packed up and on their way. I was excited to spend the week with Shoto, but I was worried about our families being together for such an extended period of time. This house is quite a bit smaller than our actual house so even though there's plenty of room for everyone, it's still tighter living than most of us are used to.

Figuring out rooms was more difficult than anticipated. Even though Shoto's parents were trying to improve their relationship, they still aren't sleeping in the same bed. It's completely understandable with how long they've been apart. They're completely different people than they were. We put them in the same room, but provided two beds. Shoto and Natsuo were sharing a room, with two beds of course. Fuyumi and I would be sharing a room as well. I was especially worried about that. It's not that Fuyumi and I don't get along, it's just that we haven't hung out much on our own.

"Momo, could you help me for a second?" My mom called from across the hall. I put my book down on the bed and went to the bedroom she was in. She was finishing prepping the beds in the boy's room.

"Would you help me put the sheets on?" She asked. I nodded and helped stretch out the fitted sheet with her, "Are you excited for the holidays?"

"Yes, I'm glad we can spend it with the Todorokis. It should be a wonderful time this year."

"Yes, about that. I'm sure it doesn't need to be mentioned, but just in case, I want to remind you that no shenanigans are allowed." Mom told me.

"Shenanigans?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. She wrinkled her eyebrows together in thought

"Shenanigans... The horizontal bop... Make whoopie... Hanky panky-"

"Mom!" I cried out feeling my face heat up.

"I'm sorry! I tried to be subtle..."

"Not subtle enough..."

"But you understand, right?"

"Of course mom!" I told her, "Trust me, Mr. Aizawa already made it clear enough..."

"Oh good..." she sighed in relief.

"Besides, we certainly aren't at that point in our relationship." I mumbled

"That's alright honey. You're still young. You don't need to rush into anything yet."

"I know, and I don't want to yet." I admitted. I'm definitely glad that I was close enough to my mom to talk about this sort of stuff. It's still awkward though. My cheeks must be bright red by now. I was practically sweating from how hot I felt.

I heard the doorbell ring. That's probably the Todoroki family arriving.

"I'll get it!" I said, dropping my side of the quilt and rushing to the front door. Upon arrival, I tightened my ponytail and smoothed out my clothes. I opened the door and found Shoto and his family standing on the other side.

"Hello Shoto! Hello Fuyumi, Natsuo, Rei, Endeavor!" I greeted, "Come on in!"

"Thank you." Endeavor said as he and the rest of the Todoroki family entered.

"I'll show you to your rooms so you can put your things away. Follow me!" I told them leading them to the hall of bedrooms. "The first door on the left here is my parent's room. The one on the right is for Endeavor and Rei."

"Thank you Momo." Rei smiled before entering the bedroom door. Endeavor walked in, carrying his and Rei's suitcases.

"And the next door on the right is for Shoto and Natsuo." I said. Shoto nodded, kissed me on the cheek before entering the room.

"Thank you Momo!" Natsuo beamed following his brother. My mom wasn't in the room anymore, so I guess she finished making the bed on her own.

"Our room is right across from them on the left." I told Fuyumi. She smiled and we walked in.

"Which bed is yours?" Fuyumi asked me.

"Oh, I've been using this one." I pointed to the bed with my book on it.

"Alright, then this one's mine." She smiled setting her bag on the bed. She started to take out a few things. I shifted nervously. I really didn't know what to take to Fuyumi about. I really don't want her to end up hating me after this trip.

"You can use this dresser if you'd like to put your stuff away." I tried to make conversation. I certainly could have done better than that though.

"Oh! Thank you Momo. You and your family are so sweet." Fuyumi remarked putting  some of her belongings in the dresser.

"I just figured that since we'll all be staying here for a while, it would be more comfortable for you..." I explained nervously.

"Definitely so. Thank you." She told me, continuing to unpack. What do I say now? I don't want to upset her. Am I bothering her? I don't want to seem too pushy...

"Momo?" Fuyumi broke my thoughts

"Huh?"

"Are you ok?"

"Oh! Yes of course!" I assured her

"I don't bite you know." She teased, "Come sit!" She patted her bed. I smiled softly and went to take a seat. Fuyumi truly is a sweetheart. We started talking about this and that while she unpacked. When she finished, we moved into the living room. My mom and Rei were fixing up the bed in my parent's room. My dad and Endeavor had run out to pick up some groceries for the week before the stores got too crowded. Fuyumi went to make some tea and Natsuo was in his and Shoto's room watching a sports game. Shoto was sitting on the couch playing on his phone.

"Hi babe." I greeted sitting down and kissing his cheek.

"Hey hon." He smiled at me, "How's it going?"

"Pretty well. I think Fuyumi and I are getting along pretty well."

"Of course you are. You're so sweet, how could she not get along with you?"

"You flatter me too much." I teased, "I just worry."

"I know you do, but you'll be fine. I believe in you." He told me. I smiled and decided to lounge a little bit and use him as a pillow.

"Oh yeah?" He questioned.

"Is this a problem, I can get up." I reminded him, sitting back up.

"No, no, no. Not necessary..." He said pulling me back down to lay on him. I smiled at him. He's just a big ole, loveable dork. I'm just glad he's mine. I'm thrilled to be able to spend our first Christmas together this year.

A/N: I don't know why, but so some reason it didn't post last night?? I'm so sorry. But here it is! Thanks for reading!