Chapter Fourteen

- Yaoyorozu -

'Here we go' I thought. I hope Todoroki doesn't get freaked out by all of my family members.

"This is Todoroki," I told my cousins and their dates "and Todoroki this is Kano and Taro."

Kano was a very tall man, about 6'3, with dark hair like mine and brown eyes. He's thirteen years older than myself, so he's in his early thirties but the bald spot on the back of his head made you wonder if he was older.

Taro has brown hair and grey eyes. He was also tall and was very strong. He may appear tough and solemn but he's a total goofball once you got to know him. He's only three years older than I am so I know better than anyone how goofy he is.

Both of them had dates with them. I recognized Hoshi, Taro's girlfriend, and gave her a small wave. I didn't recognize the girl with Kano, but I gave her a smile anyway.

"Where's Akeno and Akiko?" I asked

"Oh, they're getting Naozumi and Rini out of the car." Kano said. Kano said Akeno were brothers and they were very close. I on the other hand was sixteen years younger than Akeno and just wasn't that close to him. I got along wonderfully with his wife though.

"They brought Naozumi and Rini?" I exclaimed excitedly causing Todoroki to shoot me a confused look, "Naozumi and Rini are Akeno and Akiko's kids! They're so cute!"

"Kids?" Todoroki questioned with wide eyes, "Kids don't like me. They just stare at me."

"Kids do that to everyone though, especially the little ones." I explained to him, "Rini only likes me for my hair."

The doors opened again and Akeno and his family walked in.

"Hey there little dude!" Kano greeted Naozumi with a high five, "and there's the little cutie!" He said tickling Rini's stomach.

Naozumi was five and was an absolute ball of energy while Rini was still pretty much a baby. She's going to turn one in July.

Nakzumi went around giving high fives to everyone until he got to Todoroki.

"Woah! Who are you?" He gasped, "Why are you here? Do you have a quirk? What it is? Why is your hair two colors? Why do you have that-"

"Hey there bud, why don't we try one question at a time?" I suggested, "This is my friend Todoroki. He goes to school with me."

"You go to U.A.? So you do have a quirk! What is it?" Naozumi gushed jumping up and down

"How about I show you? It's easier that way." Todoroki said. He held out his right palm and produced a small chunk of ice.

"You can make ice? That's not hard to explain!" He grumbled crossing his arms and staring at Todoroki.

"Hold on now..." I whispered nudging him to uncross his arms. Todoroki moved the piece of ice to his left hand and lit a small, but very hot fire to evaporate the ice.

"Whoa! That's cool!" Naozumi beamed grabbing Todoroki's hand after the fire was put out he looked at me before saying, "I like him!"

Me too Naozumi, me too. Though my liking for Todoroki is very different from Naozumi's Naozumi adores anyone with a semi cool quirk. He likes mine, but he always says "it's too complicated" before running off to hang with one of the guys.

"Hey Momo! How are you?" Akiko asked giving me a hug.

"I'm good! It's nice to see everyone! May I hold her?" I asked referring to Rini who was teething on a toy keyring.