Chapter Four

-Todoroki-

Yaoyorozu hadn't left my thoughts since she tutored me yesterday afternoon. She really did do an amazing job. Everything made sense to me and I was absolutely stunned. I had studied for hours trying to understand the night before the test to no avail.

But after an hour with Yaoyorozu? Everything clicked. Everything made sense. She was able to explain it to me in so many different ways effortlessly until one clicked.

Was she this good in all her subjects? I had no problem with my hero classes, but I found myself struggling in all of my supplementary classes.

I didn't want Yaoyorozu's help because I felt as though she was out of my league and I didn't deserve her help. So when I saw her struggling in our quirkless spar yesterday, I was surprised. I jumped on the opportunity to get her help in exchange for me helping her. A fair trade to help us both improve.

I heard a knock on my door and turned to see Fuyumi standing by the open door.

"Yes?"

"Just making sure you're up, which you are," she said, "but you also seem like you have something on your mind"

"How can you tell?"

"I know you! Please, I've watched you grow up. I've picked up on your nuances. What's on your mind?"

"Just a classmate."

"What about your classmate?"

"Just how smart she-"

"She!" Fuyumi gushed. I gave her a stern look, "The gender of your classmate doesn't matter, of course, yes. Go on."

"Well, she's really smart and she tutored me yesterday-"

"So that's where you were!" Fuyumi beamed earning another stern look, "Sorry, go on."

"Anyway, the way she explained everything actually made sense to me" I paused, "I tried on my own but I had no luck"

"She sounds like a good teacher, I'd love to meet her. Maybe we can trade tips!"

"Fuyumi, not now." I said, "I don't know how to be her friend and I certainly don't want her to meet our father."

"Understandable. As for the friend thing, just talk to her."

"Talk?"

"Yes Shoto. Talk. Like the thing you and I are doing right now."

"Won't people think I like her if we talk?"

"Do you like her?" She asked, staring at me intently,

"Yeah, she's a nice person. Everyone likes her."

"No, do you like her?"

"I have to go if I don't want to be late." I told her and grabbed my backpack. I walked out towards our front door.

"Fine! But you're telling me later!" She insisted following me.

"We'll see" I countered putting my shoes on. And slipping out the door. I quickly walked down to the bus stop hoping that I hadn't missed it.

The bus ride was short, probably because my thoughts were all over the place. I was walking down the street now heading towards UA.

I hated to admit that I was worried about seeing Yaoyorozu again, especially after what Fuyumi asked me.

I avoided talking to anyone as I walked into the building. I didn't feel like talking to anyone. It wasn't worth my time. I opened up the door to my classroom and saw Yaoyorozu sitting in her desk looking out the window. She looked over to see who walked in and gave me a smile. I thought back to the first day of school.

I slid the door open and stepped into the classroom. I did a quick scan around the room and my eyes did a double take to look at a girl in the back of the room looking out the window. She was beautiful. Her grey eyes were sparkling, her hair was long, and even the way she was sitting was cute.

I steadied my breathing and went to sit in my seat, which was coincidentally the desk just to the right of hers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her fidgeting. She looked like she wanted to say something, but couldn't find the right words.

"I'm Shoto Todoroki," I said so she wouldn't have to keep searching for the right words. She blushed a little bit before speaking up.

"I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. Nice to meet you!" She smiled. Oh goodness that smile. It was perfect. I gave a nod so she wouldn't think I was rude, but I was left speechless by her.

"Are you ok Todoroki?" Yaoyorozu asked interrupt my thoughts. I nodded, unable to admit that I was thinking about her.

"Just making sure. How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty well, how are you?"

"I'm good! Thank you! We never got a chance to train together. When do you want to do that?"

"Oh, how about Friday after school?" I suggested.

"That would be perfect! Want to come to my house again?" She asked.

"If that's ok with you, then yes."

"Then it's settled."

If you asked me what happened the rest of the day, I couldn't even begin to tell you. My thoughts were tangled up like soba noodles. The root of every thought was very apparent though: Momo Yaoyorozu.

After the final bell rang, I exited the building and caught a bus home. I took my shoes off by the front door and went into the living room. Natsuo was sitting reading out of a textbook.

"Hey Shoto, how's it going?"

"I don't know" I told him sitting down next to him.

"You don't know?"

"I have a question," I changed the subject.

"Ok, go for it." Natsuo said closing his book.

"How do you know if you like someone. I mean like someone." I asked

"Well, I guess you think about them a lot. You either get ready nervous or excited to see or talk them - or if you really like them it's both at the same time. Why do you ask? Do you think you like someone?"

"No, I don't think so... I just wanted to know. Thanks." I told him while standing up. I walked into my room and laid on the floor. I stared at the ceiling.

I guess I did think about Yaoyorozu a lot. But that doesn't mean I like her. But I was worried to see her this morning... Natsuo said that's another sign. But that's nothing, it's not like I like her. No, of course not. I have other things to focus on. Like proving my bastard of a dad wrong.

Yeah, I don't like her like that. We're just friends. My first real friend. She was smart, strong, pretty, and -

"Shoto," Fuyumi knocked on the door, "diner's ready." She began to head back to the dining room.

"Hey, Fuyumi." I stopped her.

"Yes?"

"I like her."