Chapter Twelve

- Todoroki -

"Hello Shoto," my mom greeted me as I got to her room, "How are you today?"

"I'm doing fine," I told her. My mind was still reeling from the events of yesterday afternoon and I was still wondering whether or not Yaoyorozu liked me or not.

"Something on your mind?"

"Don't tell me you know about my nuances too." I groaned thinking back to Fuyumi.

"I'm your mother Shoto, of course I know them."

"I guess something is on my mind..."

"It's a someone, isn't it?" She asked and I nodded. She and Fuyumi really were good at reading me, "Well tell me about her."

I looked at her with wide eyes.

"How did you know it was about a girl?"

"Truth be told, I didn't. It was a lucky guess." She told me with a smile.

She was too good. I sighed and shook my head.

"Well? Go on now." She urged

"Well, her name is Momo Yaoyorozu." I said, "She got into U.A. on recommendations like I did. She's very smart, pretty, and she uh... she invited me to her family's banquet this summer."

"Oh! My little Shoto is growing up!"

"Mom." I groaned

"I'm sorry Shoto! I can't help it, you're my baby!" She cooed.

"Mom!"

"Sorry! We'll get back to Yaoyorozu now. She sounds wonderful, what's the problem? Do you only see her as a friend?"

"No, I like her. A lot." I corrected, "I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if she feels the same way or not."

"Well, you could ask her how she feels."

"But that's a very personal question. I don't think we're close enough for that yet."

"Then you need to talk to her more. It'll make it easier for the both of you that way."

"Talk to her? You sound like Fuyumi."

"Uh-huh, maybe you're just difficult." She teased

"Ok, so maybe I'm difficult. I'm just nervous. This is the first girl I've really liked and I don't want to mess it up."

"I know you don't Shoto, but you'll never build a relationship with her if you don't talk to her."

"I guess you're right." I admitted while pulling out my phone. I pulled up the conversation with Yaoyorozu. Her text from the internships was still there, unanswered.

[Hello Yaoyorozu, how is 
the shopping trip going?]
You at 1:24 pm

"There, I sent her a text."

"Well, I suppose that's a start." Mom chuckled shaking her head, "Now then, you mentioned a banquet? What's that about?"

"Her parents own a large company and they have an annual banquet. She needed to bring someone so she asked me."

"Sounds fancy, you have a lot of prepare for then!"

"What do you mean?"

"It's not going to be like eating soba at the chabudai at home." Mom insisted, "It's probably going to be a formal event with courses and at least three forks."

"Three forks? What for? Why can't you just use one?" I wondered aloud.

"Oh Shoto sweetie, we have a lot of work to do to prepare you for the banquet."