Chapter Thirty Three

- Yaoyorozu -

Shoto was seemingly upset about his mother's decision to move back in with his father. Even though he and his dad had started to make some progress during his training to get his provisional license, Shoto still believed his father's change was too sudden. Reluctantly, we headed back to the dorms after Rei's decision. Shoto thought his anger would stress his mother out.

We elected not to bring the subject up as much as possible. Shoto often called his mother throughout the week to see how packing was going and to try and change her mind - even though he knew it wouldn't work. We weren't quite sure when she was going to check out of the hospital, but she was packing up what she could for Endeavor to take back to the Todoroki house.

Shoto called Natsuo and Fuyumi to have them keep an eye on dad's behavior to make sure he was being genuine. They only reported good things back to Shoto, which made him more frustrated. Apparently Endeavor was carefully cleaning the house and putting away Rei's belongings into the guest bedroom.

"Alright. I'll call tomorrow. Goodbye." Shoto hung up the phone, "Natsuo says that dad is visiting mom right now. I'm going to call-"

"Shoto, stop it." I scolded, "I know you're worried, but they have years of things to talk about and sort out. It would be rude to interrupt them."

"But-"

"No buts." I told him firmly. "Is there any way to get your mind off this?"

"I don't know..." he muttered.

"Well, let's try talking about something else." I suggested and he nodded, "My mom called me earlier. My parents going to be in town this weekend and she said that they'd like to have dinner with me since I haven't seen them in a while."

"Oh yeah?" Shoto asked. I knew the subject wasn't terribly far from the previous topic, but it was a start.

"Yes, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me." I continued. He sat quiet for a little bit before responding.

"Would you like me to?"

"Well, yes... They haven't seen you since the summer."

"I don't know if I should go." He admitted

"Why not? They've already met you. They liked you."

"Yeah, they liked me as your classmate. Now I'm your boyfriend. I don't think they'll like me."

"I don't think that's how it works..."

"If you say so."

"It's going to be fine Shoto." I assured him. He seemed skeptical, but eventually he agreed. He leaned over and put his head on my shoulder. It was a little difficult since we were about the same height, even while sitting. I reached up and carefully started to play with his hair. He murmured something and snuggled closer to my neck. I smiled at him and moved my fingers to the edge of his hairline on his neck. He sighed and i felt him put more weight on me. HIs neck is his weak spot. He absolutely melts whenever I mess with it.

"It's been a wild couple of months. Between the culture festival and your extra courses, I don't think you've really had much time to relax." I thought aloud.

"Mhmm." He groaned. I started to trace my fingers up and down his back.

"Poor baby... Go ahead and relax some them. It's been a rough week." I told him. He nodded and just enjoyed the affection for a while. He seemed content, but I could tell something was still on his mind.

"Momo?"

"Yes Shoto?"

"Do you want to dance?"

"What?"

"Do you want to dance?" He repeated taking his head off my shoulder.

"What got you thinking about that?"

"Well, you mentioned when I met your parents in July and I couldn't help thinking about dancing with you that day. It's a shame I wasn't able to kiss you that night."

"I was so upset about that too!" I laughed. He smiled at me before standing up.

"So, do you want to dance?" He asked again holding his hand out. I nodded, taking his hand to stand up

"Let me put on some music." I told him while pulling my phone out. I hit shuffle on my waltz playlist and a faster paced song came on first. Shoto smiled, grabbed my waist and held my hand. He pulled me close as we waltzed around his room.

"One, two, three. One, two, three." He whispered to himself quietly and I smiled. Teaching Shoto to dance was one of my favorite things. He was so nervous.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"You, of course." I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. Even though he and I had been dating a while, it still felt weird to admit things of that nature to him.

"Oh yeah?" He smirked, "What about me?"

"Just when I taught you how to dance after the final exam."

"Ah, that was nice. I wanted to kiss you then too."

"Yeah, I know you did. But I got do flustered when Aizawa opened the door. I panicked and left."

"I remember. Your cheeks were all red. They were cute. Oh, there it is again"

I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. Shoto only smiled at me as the song came to an end and a slower one came on.

"How about we just slow dance for this one? No waltz." I suggested and he agreed. He snaked his other arm around my waist and pulled me even closer. I placed my head on his shoulder, even though it was a little awkward to do.

"Do you know when else I wanted to kiss you?" He asked

"When?"

"When you were in the hospital after the training camp."

"Really?"

"And after we passed our final."

"Is that-"

"And when you called me your friend. And when you tutored me. And even the first time I saw you."

"Shoto, is that true?" My face was bright red by the end of his mini speech.

"Yes. I think it was love at first sight when I saw you." He admitted. I was completely flustered by his words. I had no idea Shoto had liked me that long. Looking back on it, it was silly to think he didn't like me. He was apparently head over heels for me since day one.

"When I first saw you," I told him, "you took my breath away. You were so handsome, I wasn't even able to find the right words to introduce myself.

"I know, I had to introduce him myself first."

"I'm sorry! I was nervous! You were gorgeous!" I stammered

"It's ok Momo." He chuckled, "I love you."

"I love you too Shoto." I smiled at him. We kept dancimg until curfew, but I wish that that moment lasted forever.

A/N: Wow! Sorry it's been a while. I've been absolutely swamped at work this past week! But good news! I'm going on vacation and there's a 7 hour long car ride so I'll have plenty of time to write some more chapters for you all! I'm very excited for you all to see what I have in store! Thanks for reading and being patient with me! I love you all!! You're amazing!!