Chapter Thirty Five

Memories of yesterday was still replaying in my head when I woke up. If you think having a conversation with a guy, who you potentially liked, in a middle of an abandoned park was a no big deal, then you're wrong. It was a big deal to someone like me—a shy and introverted person—to have a deep conversation with him.

Because of what happened in that park, I was not able to sleep until around midnight. I laid in my bed to try to get some sleep but those memories just kept flashing non-stop. I blocked my mind from thinking about Archie's face, his hair, his voice, and basically everything about him but it was not working. The only way it worked was for me to succumb to those thoughts and let myself gradually fall asleep.

Well, that was the bright side of things. On the not-so-bright-side, I still could not erase the picture of Cheryl and Archie making out in her own twin brother's memorial. It was disrespectful to begin with to do it during the memorial but what bothered me the most was how much they were enjoying it. Some things might even happened right there and then if it weren't for my foot.

My day was already not productive at all since I let myself to sleep in. It was ten in the morning when I decided it was time for me to get out of bed. Although it was a Sunday and I had no school, I would still feel awful for sleeping in. Yeah, this thought of mine was weird.

I changed into a sheer t-shirt and a lounge shorts since the temperature was oddly rising up. My hair was in its natural state of messiness and I leave it to be since I was in my house anyways.

After having my breakfast which I already considered it to be my brunch, I headed back upstairs to my room to do some cleaning. It was without doubt that my room needs a little cleaning here and there.

I was satisfied with myself and my room after the cleaning had been done. My clothes were no longer in a pile at the corner of my room, my books and papers were finally stacked neatly after it was a mess for the past months, my vanity table was wiped clean and I vacuumed my room which was something I did once in a blue moon. This was definitely sound like an accomplishment to me.

I was suddenly in the mood for singing and playing the guitar; it felt like a very long time since I last touched it. Although it was probably not a wise decision to play, I couldn't help myself. My fingers need to get the blood moving somehow. I sat on the bed as I started strumming a few strings to get my fingers going. It doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would be but I would occasionally feel the pain here and there.

I felt at peace with the soft melody in the air until someone rang the doorbell. I sat my guitar aside and jogged downstairs. I have a guess that it was Betty at the front doorstep but to my surprise, I was wrong.

"Archie?" The confusion was written all over my face like an open book as one might say.

"Hey." He smiled lazily, scanning me from head to toe. My legs were on full display with how short my shorts were and the self consciousness started to kick in.

I furrowed and shifted my legs. "What are you doing here?"

He shoved his hands inside his jeans pocket and I noticed a shade of pink was forming on his cheeks even though it was subtle.

"Well, I, uh, I think we should practice for the you know, the duet." It might be a trick that my eyes were playing on me, but he seemed to be quite nervous. And he never avoid any eye contact with me before so why now?

"Okay?" I let out a light laugh.

His eyes suddenly moved back up to mine. "Did I come at the wrong timing?"

"No, no, of course not." I ushered for him to come in.

This was the second time he was in my house—third—if you count that one scary night. As if him and I were sharing one mind, we glanced at that wall where we nearly, just nearly, had shared our first kiss.