Chapter Twenty Nine

"I'm just so," I sighed. "Angry. Okay, maybe not angry but I was feeling some sort of unusual anger towards Veronica."

"But I guess it's normal since she was lashing out on you." He shrugged.

"I-I don't know, Reg. I lost my cool when she started calling me a goody two shoe but now, as I've calmed down, I feel bad for exploding."

"Well, she deserved it." He said sternly. "Why did she started having ideas that you have feelings for Andrews?" From the look of it, he does not seemed very please either with his brows furrowed and creased forehead.

"I was just asking how Archie was doing after Betty told us that Jughead had punched him in the gut."

Reggie and I were hanging out after school since neither of us were heading back home that soon. He was keeping me company and I dreaded the time to go back to be alone in my house again. I hate that I was feeling bad for lashing out and what Betty and Jughead would think of me now.

At least he was willing to keep me company eventhough I'm sure he has plenty of things to do. If I were about to be alone by myself, I would overthink every thing including the conversation Archie and I had. I tend to overthink and create unnecessary pain to myself when something does not go right like the way I thought it would be.

"Yeah, I know about that. Witnessed it myself too."

"And you didn't help him?" I asked in disbelief.

"He kinda deserved it though so I'll let him have his lesson this time." Reggie chuckled.

I looked at him amused. "And uh, what happened to his relationship with Cheryl?"

"Oh that? I can't say much since Andrews forced me to swear that I'll keep my mouth shut." He paused. "But what I know is that I doubt their break up is permanent. They always found themselves back to each other's arms somehow."

My heart suddenly skipped a beat after hearing what he said. My heart was thumping fast but I don't know whether it was from shock or jealousy. It was nearly impossible for it to be the latter but at this point of the day, I think it would somehow ration with what I was thinking and what Veronica and Archie were insinuating. I tried controlling my face from showing any signs that could pointed out to be jealousy.

I know it was bad to feel think way, but I wished that they never got back together. It seemed to me that when the both of them were a couple, they were wreaking havoc in everyone's life and making it miserable. And that was not what a healthy couple looks like. If healthy couples looked like this, I would rather be a single dog for life than to be in any sort of relationship.

"Do they always break up and got back together?"

Curiosity does kill the cat, Sandra.

"This would probably be their first real break up but other than that, they're usually having petty fights and arguments and then they're off to making out with anyone they see." He chuckled.

How can Reggie find this situation to be able to amusing? Their relationship or whatever ship they were having was a little problematic to dismiss.

"Oh." I muttered.

"Why are you so curious about them anyways?"

"Nothing, it seemed like they were going so well and then they were broken up." I half lied.

I was intrigued with Archie's life and how it had shaped him into this kind of person and also his general behavior. I want to understand him and it seemed like the only way I would ever understand was to ask someone else bits by bits about details of him.