Chapter Fourty Three

When we arrived the entrance of the gym hall, there were already people going in. In fact, the loud pumping music can be heard from the start of the hallway. His palm was on my back, guiding me together with him as we entered.

The music blasted loudly on the multiple speakers and I could actually feel the bass in my heart. Everyone was gathered at the center of the room, which was the dance floor. On the side, there were some fruit punch, finger food and snacks—I was surprised to see food snd beverages served.

Right when we face the stage, there were two big posters of Jason Blossom to commemorate his death. He was in the Bulldog's uniform with the kindest smile plastered on his pale skin. My heart sunk at the realization that I would never be able to meet him. I can't imagine loosing a twin brother or any sort of siblings could be like.

"You okay?" Reggie asked from beside me.

"Yeah." I smiled. "He looked like a kind person." I said, referring to Jason.

Reggie looked at the posters and I could see his eyes softens. "Yes, he was. I've never met anyone that was as good and kind hearted as him. He was the best Bulldog leader any of us could wish for."

I placed my hand on his arms and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I'm still sorry for your loss."

"You have nothing to apologize for." He chuckled and a smile crept on his face. "Let's not make ourselves be sad. We should join the others right there." He pointed at Betty and the others.

I nodded and agreed. With confidence, I grabbed his hand and pulled him through the crowded space. We made it to the other side without getting squashed in between sweaty bodies.

"See, pretty as expected." Veronica grinned.

I laughed. "Thank you again for the dress."

"Don't mention it." She smiled.

"I see you and Reggie here are a thing?" Kevin nudged at our hands—which I have forgotten to let go. I thought he would release his hand when we came over but our hands were still clasped together.

I immediately shook my head and let go of his hand. "Not what you think there, Keller." I blushed.

"Sandra and I, we are just friends." Reggie chuckled. "But it's not a bad idea for us to get together." He playfully winked at me.

"In your dreams." I nudged his shoulder.

"I must say, the two of you do make an eye catching couple tonight." Jughead said with a smirk.

My cheeks were already red from their teasing but it became hotter. Reggie beside me chuckled and have his arms around my shoulders. "It's a sign we should date." He snickered.

I rolled my eyes with a grin suppressed. "That would be fulfilling your dream, huh?"

I knew that Reggie was about to retort with something flirtatious, but it got interrupted when Cheryl spoke into the microphone. She was dressed in a eye catching red dress that showed her pale, milky skin through the color contrast.

"Thank you, Principal Weatherbee. I'd like to begin with a moment of silence."

Heads around us started to bow with their eyes closed too. "Seriously?" Veronica groaned from beside, which earned a pinch from Betty.