Chapter Fifty Five

A week or two had passed since the night Archie and I came to a small agreement on having a no strings attached relationship. B and V were well aware of the thing going on between us but I did not tell them in details.

It felt weird telling them about this as I knew things did not end well with their friendship. Need I remind that he was Veronica's ex and I probably looked like I was breaking girl code by making a move on him even though she insisted that she was fine with it.

They still refused to let me know what actually happened with their friend group even when I pestered them with the details. I was and still always curious about it from the start but no one wanted to fill me in, not even Reggie.

Speaking of Reggie, we were hanging out way lesser than we used to prior to the night at the Pembrooke. Whenever I see him in school, he was either training on the field, or he was rushing off elsewhere. It was like a distant was put between us.

A knot formed in my stomach whenever I spot Reggie. He would often make eye contact with me and look away before I could even wave or smile at him. It was that uneasy feeling settled on me when I did not know what was going on between us.

I had this initial thought that was it because of Archie and I but after putting some thought, I don't think that was the reason. Reggie was the one giving me the push and advice to do what my heart said which was why I scrape off that thought. He had no reason to act distant which made me even more frustrated.

A light tap on my arm brought me back to reality. "What's on your mind?"

I smiled. "Nothing. It feels like a good day to have your thoughts just floating around."

"Funny you should say that because to me, it feels like a good day to have you over my place." Archie smirked.

"Haha funny." I laughed sarcastically and bump his arm.

"Come on! I've been at yours more times than I could count compared to mine."

"Yeah and that's because you don't want your dad to have any suspicions on us." I gestured back and forth between us.

Our parents had no idea what was going on. We promised to not say anything as it's not something one would tell their parents and not expect lectures coming from it.

Additionally, my dad would strongly disapprove it especially when the guy was Archie. My dad had a bad impression on him ever since the night when we had dinner with Mr Andrews. He stated his strong opinion on Archie and it did not looked good. At all.

"And you're lucky that your parents aren't always home to witness their innocent daughter engaging in some inappropriate behaviour with their neighbour's son." He retorted before kissing me on the neck.

My face reddened. "Hey! We might get caught!"

The corners of his mouth slightly turned up. "In a grocery store? Yeah, you're getting paranoid."

"I'm just being the sane and conscious one here. Imagine the talk that would be going around school, or even worse, the town, that we have a non-exclusive thing going on."

"Who said people have to know it's non-exclusive? For all they know, we could be in an exclusive relationship."

My heart skipped a beat at what he said.