Chapter Five

The day flew by pretty slow in my opinion. Maybe it was because of my whole body still sticky from apple juice and my hair was tangled up to the point it looked like a bird's nest. I have rinsed my hair a multiple times with the help of Betty and Veronica and yet it's still sticky and it just made it even worse. After rinsing it, the smell of the apple juice was long gone but the stickiness was still there. I'm having the best first day of school ever. I thought with sarcasm.

I'm currently sitting in my Physics class, listening to whatever the teacher's teaching. I was not listening the whole entire time if I may add. All I can think of at that moment was getting home, stripping down my clothes and have a nice hot shower. And after the hot shower, I would be in my pajamas, laying in the bed watching Netflix on my computer with a cup of hot coffee. I have to wait for another two hours before I'm able to leave the school. That suck.

"Miss Jensen, why don't you take a try for this question?" Mrs Brown said, snapping me out from my own little world. Everyone snapped their head towards me, making me blushed like a tomato. I'm getting everyone's attention in the class now. I looked at her in confusion but managed to recall what was the question.

"There is erm, one force which is the earth pulling on the moon." I answered softly.

"That is correct. Well done." She smiled before moving on with the questions to other students. My heart skipped a beat when I saw an ant crawling on my hoodie. I could not believed that my hoodie attracted an ant; which means it still has the sweet scent of apple juice. I let the ant crawled to my fingertips before placing my fingertips on the ground so that the ant could be set free. Most people would have killed the ant or any insect they saw but for me, insects are still a living thing. Therefore, they shall be treated like a living thing instead of a monster.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was glad that I managed to survive the first day of school without anymore humiliation or accident. This is by far the most 'okay' day I had for my first day of school compared with my past schools. The past schools were a horrid nightmare. Well, it will be worst if I did not met any of my close friends. They were the closest thing I had when it came to having my back.

I do not think them as my closest friends; they are my sisters. But the one thing all of them could not helped me with was the bullies. And no, I do not mean it like they just left me to rot with the bullies. They had reported cases of bullies to our principal and counselor but it was useless. They would call them in and have a 'talk' with them, giving them a warning before dismissing them. That was the type of school I was in. The school system sucked. Even the teachers and principal there sucked.

My mom supposed to be my ride back home but I guess she forgot about that. Betty offered me a ride back home but I denied as it was just a fifteen minutes walk. The most likely reason my mom had forgotten about me was because of her work. To be honest, I'm not surprised by this. Whenever my parents were too busy with their job, they would forget about me and their responsibilities as a parent. That wasn't new at all.

I was walking on the side of the road, singing softly to a song that was randomly stuck on my head. I was careful to not sing that loud because if people heard me, they would make a comment or few on how horrible my singing sounded.

I suddenly heard a loud snap few meters away from where I was walking. I turned around and could not believed who I saw. Archie Andrews aka the guy who drenched me and also the hot, mysterious looking guy. Okayyyy Alessandra. Snap out of this. He was looking at his phone this whole entire time while walking which meant that he does not know I'm walking few meters in front of him. But why was he even using this road? The only place the road lead to was the houses around my area. I ignored whatever I was thinking and just walked down the road silently without singing anything.