Chapter Thirty

If waking up and not feeling my head spinning and my eyes puffy, then it would be an understatement. It was from the lack of sleep I get from last night—well, this morning to be accurate. I did tried to get back to my beauty sleep that was interrupted by Archie, but my mind was not at peace, therefore, I could not sleep a wink until five this morning. How I wished I could snooze off my alarm that was set for seven.

The things Archie said and did to me few hours before I had to get up for school was insane. I had no idea what he was trying to accomplish by visiting me like that. And the worst part was, I think I might have an answer to the million dollar question that everyone was bothering me about.

Nonetheless, I would not let myself to be one of his girl toy of the month. I would burry myself ten feet under rather than to develop some sort of feelings for him. It was not right for me to feel this way because after all, he did treated me horribly from the start. I feel like I was slowly turning into another version of him; turning hot and cold for irrational reason.

If, just an if, I admitted my feelings to myself and to everyone, Archie would definitely not reciprocate my feelings. Well, at least not seriously. He would treat it as a joke or a game, as seen from the last encounter I had with him. After all, he loved playing games with people's feelings so I don't bother to try and be the next one.

On the bright side, I have a newfound friendship with Reggie. We rarely text one another but we talked in person frequently. He was there to listen to my personal feelings about Veronica and Archie without feeling offended as Archie was his best friend. Reggie seemed to know all about their history, but he was not willing to tell me what went down—no one including Betty who was hell bend for me to stay away from him.

Just when I thought I could avoid Archie for the whole day so that we could skip the awkwardness that was sure to be evident between us, he had to be in the same room as I was. The class that we would be sharing together today was Music, Sociology and English. Music was the first reason why I had to see him for an extra hour.

Archie played some of the chords while singing to his parts. He sounded perfectly to be true, to be honest. I sang softly, more to like myself rather than him, as he strummed for my part too. This practice went on for the whole period before we were dismissed. I was glad that practice was over for today because the awkwardness between us was there.

Although he did not make any remarks about this morning's encounter, he was subtly making it a hint for me to feel uncomfortable. Hints that were able for me to comprehend; the constant knee brushes he gave me, which made me shudder at times, and the smirk that had a hidden meaning behind it. I had no idea what to do; all I could do was trying not to show him that what he implied could be true. I wanted to yell at him to stop it because it was irritating me.

"Practice tonight at your place?" He asked as I zipped up my bag.

"I can't. My parents would be back tonight." I lied. The truth was, I think I need to distance myself away from him so my feelings would not progress any further from now on.

"So at my place then?" He quirked his brow.

"I-I uh, I can't. I have other assignments to catch up on."

He kept quiet and studied me for a second. I would be busted in right about....now.

"I think you're lying." He stated and crossed his arms.