Chapter Eighteen

I guessed whatever Betty said to Archie worked. It has been a few weeks since she had confronted him and locking me in a classroom. Ever since that day, he had not looked me in the eyes even if we were in the same class. Not even a glance nor a word. We do crossed paths once in a while but I pretend that he didn't existed. It wasn't a bad feeling to not have him insulting me every chance he got but I also missed the only time where we managed to talk like normal people do.

He was seen hanging around with Cheryl a lot more and his friends were rarely present unless they were at the cafeteria, eating at their table. He was still the same person except that he was even more violent than the last time. Whenever anyone was getting in his way, he would shoved or yelled at them or even a little bit of both. I pitied his victims that he pried on.

He got himself into more trouble, eg: skipping even more classes, picking a fight with a student, being rude to teachers, coming late to classes and nearly set the lab on fire when he conducted an experiment. There wasn't anything that I could possibly find more amusing than all of that.

Anyways, back on the real topic. The Semi-Formal dance was getting closer; it was at least a month or so away from us. The busiest time of the year as I can see it with my own eyes. It was yesterday when I called a cab to the local mall to buy groceries. The local mall was packed with girls and boys from our school buying dresses and suit respectively. Betty, Veronica and I had not bought our dresses yet but I was sure that both of them had way more dresses than I do. Scratch that. I don't own a nice dress to wear to a party; there was one but it was waaay to short for me to wear.

One good thing about the grocer was I didn't have to queue up when I pay for my groceries. I bought a load of groceries to be kept at home in case I decided I wanted to cook or anything of that sort. I bet if I was shopping in one of the boutiques or any clothing shop, I would've need to be in a long line of queue.

My parents weren't home again for the past two days. They came back to have a change of clothes and had a shower but it was a brief visit. Meals and everything I needed was taken care by them. There were cash on the table counter if I ever needed to use them; I mostly used it for takeouts and groceries.

And today, I ordered pizza as my dinner. I had no others plans with Betty and the others so I stayed at home and tried to complete any assignments that I have left then I would binge watched any show that I want. There wasn't much for me to complete as I've done mostly in school.

I was the type of girl that prioritized school before anything else, school before fun. If I were to prioritize fun before study, I would most likely to fail all my math classes as I always had the trouble to cope with their syllabus. I needed time to processed whatever I had studied or learned before I could fully understand what it was about.

Math classes was my number one hell ever since high school. It was literally hell and it kept burning the crap out of me for quite some time before I took tuition every week. But I had stopped tuition when we were about to moved to Riverdale. Now all I had was myself to focus and concentrate on math classes if I want to ace that subject.

My pizza delivery arrived later than I had anticipated but it was alright, as long as I got to eat it before I started feeling sleepy. It was around 8pm when it had arrived. It was a pretty good timing to be honest. I had completed all my assignments and now I could sit and enjoy my pizza while binge watch Netflix. I sat in front of the tv with the box of pizza beside me and a can of Coke on the glass table.

I switched on the tv and chose a series to binge watched. As for tonight, my plan was to binge watch the remaining episodes of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I left four more episodes before I was done with the series. It was a really, really good show with how intense the plot was.