Chapter Fifty

Waking up the following afternoon with the sun directly shining on my face while my head was pounding a little was not a way I thought I would wake up to. My head was spinning, but not so bad that I could not sit right up.

My eyes squinted at the glare and hid myself under the comforter—I do not want to leave my bed today. I was almost falling back to sleep but I suddenly remember that house had ran out of groceries.

I groaned and get my butt out from my bed. If and only if there were still groceries left, I wouldn't be here dragging myself out to bed just to get groceries.

It was middle of the night last night that I was hungry and craving for omelette but the moment I opened my fridge, the only thing I see there was carbonated drinks and a can or two of alcohol. That was the moment I realized I'm going to starve myself to sleep.

I checked my phone and saw a message from Betty. "You're definitely going to have a hangover tomorrow, so I've already got you your aspirin and water in the kitchen. Rest up!"

Surely enough, my head was lightheaded for me to stand the sun in my room. I pulled the curtains, covering the windows before getting ready. I wore a simple outfit and contact lens before heading downstairs.

The first thing I did was to take aspirin and chugged down a glass of water as if I was on a desert. Without a car, I was basically held prison at my own home because my parents were not around. I sighed and booked myself a car to get to the nearest grocery in Riverdale.

"That would be $2." I gave the driver extra tips and said a quick thank you before getting down from the car.

On a Saturday afternoon you would expect the grocery stores to be filled with parents and elderly but that's not the case here—I'm probably thé forth or fifth person in here that was going for grocery shopping.

I headed to the dairy section and got myself a carton of milk, cheese, egg and basically a full ingredients for making omelette. I was craving to eat omelette so badly that I grew hungry just by looking at the ingredients. I texted my mom that I was doing grocery and she wanted me to buy some vegetables in case they're back for dinner, and I did that.

I do not know how to cook hence picking out fresh vegetables probably was the worse part in buying groceries. I prayed and hoped that I did not put vegetables that were not fresh into my cart.

The last stop I made was going to the frozen food area. My eyes scanned through the unlimited supplies of frozen foods at the isle. I pulled open the door and took out a packet of fries and nuggets. When the door closes, I nearly let out a scream.

"God, you scared me!" I gasped and dropped the frozen packs into the cart.

"You still have a fast reaction considering you're almost passed out last night." He raised his brow.

"Haha very funny." I rolled my eyes. "I was just surprised that there's people here." I shrugged.

"What are you doing here then?"

"I can ask you the same thing." He asked.

I lazily stared into his eyes and memories of our real heated kiss last night flashed across my mind.

"I- uh, I-I need to buy groceries for my parents." I stuttered while resisting myself to blush the moment I suddenly remember the way his hands glided across my back and played with my neck.

"Nervous?" Archie asked.

I quickly shook my head. "No! Why would I be?" I pushed my cart with me, leaving him there and not bothering to check if he was going to follow me.