Chapter Twenty Eight

Few days had passed since the night of Archie's arrest. Yes, you heard me right—he was arrested later that night. Not long after he had left my house, the sirens were wailing in distance but ended up in our street. The red and blue siren lights were bright enough to catch our attention and the loud wails were loud enough to wake everyone up from our deep slumber.

Mr Andrews was definitely in shock that his son was a prime suspect and then was arrested all at the same night. I pitied Mr Andrews to be honest. He was too pure of a human to deserved this kind of treatment from his son.

Basically everyone in our street stepped out of their houses and get a close look at the commotion happening. No one cared if it was cold or late; all they knew was they need to be there to witness it. And I was one of them. I could not help myself but to stare at the sight of him getting arrested.

It happened so quickly; one moment the sheriffs were here, then he was handcuffed, and the next moment he was in the sheriffs car. The procedure was done neatly and promptly and they wasted no time.

One thing I was thankful for was that there wasn't any news reporters buzzing around our neighborhood or swarming after the sheriff's car. It was as if they did not exist. I hoped it would stay that way and reporters would keep away from our neighborhood.

Betty came over as soon as Archie was arrested. She checked on me and made sure that I was doing okay, and so did my parents, Veronica, Kevin and Jughead. My parents were freaking out when they heard about the news and they insisted on coming home to make sure I wasn't hurt or anything.

I appreciated that they cared for me, but I was annoyed by the fact that everyone thought Archie would hurt me in any form. Well, technically he had hurt me verbally—but not physically—so what was there to worry about?

And now, you would be surprised that Archie was back in school. Yes, you heard me right again. He did not attend school the day after he was arrested, but he came on the following day.

News practically spread around really quickly around the school. Everyone was afraid of him when he was back. They would either cower at the sight of him or they would turn away and tried not to catch his attention. That was mostly for the boys and girls that were not in any part of the school team.

As for majority of the girls, they were ridiculously insane and daring to pine after him eventhough they knew what happened. Archie was being his normal self, which was focusing his attention on those girls that were pining after him. If I had to pick a guess, the girls were fascinated and probably turned on that he was considered as a danger to everyone.

The name 'Cheryl Blossom' does not ring any bells to Archie anymore. When he walked in to the school hallways on Wednesday, there was no sight of his girlfriend anywhere. I had seen the two of them crossed paths but they were not having it. Archie was cold towards her while she was constantly glaring at him and I could tell she was a trying her best to not claw his face with her well-manicured nails.

I would not blame her in this situation. He was her boyfriend and he was the last person seen with her dead twin, whom she loved with all her heart. And Archie was acting suspicious in the photo that was posted everywhere online, so Cheryl had her reasons for acting like this.

The reason that he was meeting up with Jason was still unknown; or rather the sheriffs were keeping it confidential and away from the public eye. If this was true, Archie could had been doing something terrible that would caused his life.

"Sandra!" Veronica snapped her fingers in front of me.

"Huh, what?"

"Were you spacing out again for the third time this morning?" She asked irritatedly.