Chapter Nine

I opened my eyes and checked the time on my nightstand and it's already 5:00pm. I must have fallen asleep while thinking about the possibilities of Archie being a danger to the town. I thought taking a few hours nap might help me forget about what happened today but I was wrong; it did not help at all. There was a dead guy in town that might have been a homicide, Archie might have something to do with it, Archie scared the crap out of me and oh my god, I should stop overthinking right now. I cleared my head and dismissed the overflowing thoughts on my mind.

I reached out for my phone on the side of the bed and checked my lockscreen which was flooded with Betty's, mom and dad's messages. I read my parents' messages first before reading Betty's. My mom and dad were worried as to why I hadn't reply any of their messages for few hours. I texted them back that I was alright and I fell asleep. And for Betty, she was asking if I would like to come over to her house to hangout with Veronica and her. I texted her back saying yes.

I got off from my bed and smoothed out the bedspread, arranged my pillows and tucked the converter back under the mattress. Once I'm satisfied with how my bed looks, I took a cold shower to refresh myself and changed into something comfortable but still presentable; a white pocket tee and black sweatpants. The white definitely made my skin looked more tan than usual. I tied my hair up in a high ponytail, removed my concealer, did my brows and I was done. I headed downstairs with my phone on my hand and wore a slip-on slippers before heading to Betty's house. Although my house was just beside Betty's, I had to walk a short walk to be in front of Betty's doorstep.

I rang the doorbell. Seconds later, the door flew open, revealing a lady with medium length dirty blonde hair standing beside the half opened door with a frown on her face. I instantly recognized her. She's Betty's mother.

"Good evening, Mrs Cooper." I smiled.

"Who are you?" She asked without even smiling back at me.

"I'm Alessandra Jensen, the new neighbour?"

"Oh, you're the girl who wasn't minding her business when I'm talking with my daughter." She glared at me.

"Uh, I was?" I wasn't sure if I was asking her or even replying to her statement. I was about to say sorry but the door was opened wider, revealing Betty behind the door.

"Mom, I invited her over. Be nice." She rolled her eyes.

"Ya, ya, whatever." She muttered and walked away.

"Hey, Sandra!" She grinned and gave me a quick hug. I hugged her back with a grin.

"Hey!" She ushered me to come in and we went up to her bedroom.

"Don't mind my mom. She isn't fond with any of my friends."

"No worries. I might have given her a bad impression when I first saw her in your room that night though." I said, taking a seat on the floor.

"Nah, you didn't. She was just in a bad mood." Betty said, taking a seat opposite of me on the floor. I took the time to scan around her room as I didn't get the chance to do it before I came in.

Well, I must say that her room was really tidy and girly. Her room was mostly filled with pinks and whites; her bedspread, her pillows, her vanity mirror, her wallpaper on the wall and her drawers are either of those colors. There were also many pictures pasted around her vanity mirror. I can't help myself being curious, which was a trade I hated about myself, and walked over to her vanity. I could definitely spot a shirtless red head standing beside two beautiful girls; Archie was standing in between Betty and Veronica with Jughead by Betty's side and Kevin on Veronica's side. All of them looked really happy and carefree in that picture. I almost felt like I was intruding their friendship when I started hanging out with them but I quickly dismissed the thought before it could go any further. When was this picture take though? I wonder what made Archie distance himself away from his closest friends.