Chapter Eleven

History class went by slowly and I dreaded every single moment of it. One of it being listening to Mr Clark explaining about the America Civil War that happened on 1861. That was the only thing that I could truly remember from that class. And the rest was all a blur because of this reason. I knew that Archie being my deskmate for the rest of the semester is a really bad idea—possibly the worse idea ever.

He was literally on his phone the whole entire class, doing what? Sexting with Cheryl. I know I shouldn't care but it bothered me. It bothered me because he was chuckling, groaning, snickering and muttering while Mr Clark was teaching. I'm not going to even imagine what he was groaning about but I probably can guess what it was.

Everyone had already left the class except for Archie and I. I'm checking what's my next class and also keeping my books. I need to get out of the class asap just to not be alone with Archie. I was about to leave the class when I felt a hand gripped onto my wrist and pulled me away from the door. I spun around and ended up hitting my head on a rock hard chest, whilst dropping my backpack onto the floor—yeah don't ask me how that happened.

"Ow!" I muttered. My face was on his chest and I felt arms encircling around my waist. The proximity of our bodies were too close that I could smell his pinewood cologne.

I never knew pinewood would smell this good on someone.

I was either too stunned or too dumb to realized that I was still pressing against his chest. I slowly looked up to see who it was and I was not expecting this from the guy who I want to avoid, Archie. He was staring back at me with those pair of dark brown eyes that showed a glimmer of something but it turned back to his usual cold eyes. Any feeling or connection before that was gone. His arms left my waist and let me move away from him. I hate to admit this but I still want his arms to be around me.

Excuse me?

I cleared my throat and avoid having eye contact with him so I stared at my shoe. It's just hard to look at him now after admitting to myself that I want his arms to be around me again.

"Look at me." Archie said sternly. My head snapped up almost instantly. "Now it's just me and you in this room, I'm going to say this loud and clear—don't pry into my business."

He must've been talking about the messages that he sent during class hours. The ones that I discreetly peek from the side. Yeah I know it's bad to pry into his messages but who in the world would sext in the class??

"And one more, you will not go to the police and say anything about the night you saw me, you got it?" I quickly nodded my head. "If you did this reckless thing, I will make sure that you will regret opening your mouth to anyone." He warned, pointing to my lips.

"I won't." I said. But I wasn't that sure if I wouldn't want to tell this to Betty.

He leaned in closer to my ear. I was tensing  up when I felt his breath fanning against my neck. "You better not." He said whispering in my ear.

I felt my cheeks heating up alongside with my ear. "I-I w-won't." This time I said it with more confidence but it came out like I was trembling. Seriously, Sandra what's wrong with you?

It seemed promising enough to him. He leaned back and stared at me for a few more seconds before walking out of the class, leaving me alone with the silence, well, except noises coming from the hallway. I was breathless for unknown reasons.