Chapter Thirteen

A week or so have passed since the night at the park. School have been going crazy as usual with the murder of Jason but nothing has stopped the school from focusing on our studies. Betty and Jughead were mostly in Blue and Gold writing on the latest news that was happening in Riverdale and that includes the murder of Jason Blossom. I was surprised that this school has an extra activity for news writing as my old school definitely does not have this privilege.

I had not seen Archie that much either. I only saw him a few times with Cheryl passing along the hallways and if not, I had seen him a few times in my class. He never came up to me nor said anything to Betty. Cheryl, Reggie and Archie were seen hanging out quite often in Pop's because whenever I had my takeout, I would always see them with their burgers and milkshakes.

Veronica, Kevin and I had been spending most of our times together during the weekends buying clothes as they said I needed a wardrobe change—which I didn't think was necessary—because I don't find anything wrong with my outfit choices. Sure they might come off as looking lazy, but it really was cozy and loose fitting which was my kind of style.

Veronica had chosen me a plaid sweater to go along with a plaid skirt. And for Kevin, he chosen a red v-neck bodysuit that shows a bit of cleavage with the logo NYC with its flag—eventhough we're not even close to living in NYC which was cool—and a black leather skirt that was bodycon. He chose a black ankle boots to go along with the style.

Yes, that two outfit was slightly out of my comfort zone but I was willing to venture out a little to the wild. My parents were surprised with the choice of outfit that I was wearing but they still supported that outfit and even said that I should buy something more daring.  And yes, I was wearing the outfit that Kevin had chosen. I just hope that wearing this outfit would not draw any eyes on me.

My hair was curled loosely done by yours truly. I was even surprised at myself that I put this much of an effort to dress up for a school day. I asked my mom to drive me to school because I was not prepared for the attention on me.

"Thanks mom, for the ride." I said, getting out of the car.

"You're welcome and if there are any guys that are looking at your direction, just wink at them." My mom smirked.

I hoped she was just joking because my face went red. "Mom! That's embarrassing!"

"Whateverrr." She singsonged and drove away.

I was left in front of the school entrance, just like my first day of school, except this was way worse because I was still considered new but with a new daring outfit. I walked into the school hallways with sweat threatening to drip on my forehead but I was slightly confident with my new clothing.

I tried remaining my cool when I found a few pairs of eyes looking at me while whispering to their friends. And that was when my anxiety decided to kick it, washing away my confidence, making my old self resurface back. The insecure girl.

The whispers about me could be anything but positive. Maybe they were talking about how slutty I look when I wear this outfit to school or how badly I wanted attention from the crowd or even how badly I just wanna get laid. I swear to god, these whispers were making my every walk to my locker even more tense with each step I take.

I did not realized that I was holding my breath until I saw Betty and Veronica standing beside my locker. My smile was formed on my lips and my insecurities were gone for that moment.

"Hey, guys." I waved.

"Hi, and look at what you're wearing." Betty smirked.

"Kevin picked this out for her. It really shows off her killer legs." Veronica said.