Chapter Twenty Six

Dusk came sooner than we know and then boom! Here comes the housewarming dinner. It was 7pm when I have finally finished my homework and I have exactly one hour to get ready before heading over to Mr Andrews's house.

"Sandra! It's seven so get your butt up and get ready!" My mom hollered from the stairs.

"Yes, mom." I hollered back without any enthusiasm. I was just too tired to get my butt up to get myself ready, but I had to do it anyways.

Betty had drop me off back home and wished me good luck for tonight. I could sense that she was apprehensive about it but she was not pushing it further. There was nothing she could do about it anyways other than making sure I don't die in suffering with Archie. After having the short conversation with Betty about Archie and Veronica's past, my heart was at unease. Maybe Betty's right. I should not have asked her for the details if that was going to cost me a brand new thing to think about daily.

I picked out an outfit first before getting into the shower. I don't want any incident like yesterday to happen again so better safe than sorry. I drowned myself in the warm shower and heaved a groan.

The Semi Formal Dance is coming in about a few weeks time and I have not bought any dress or items for it yet. I do not have a specific idea on what to wear which makes it ten times harder. If I had an image on what I'm going to wear, I could just easily find them, but that's not the case. Not to mentioned, Reggie might ask me to be his date for that night and I'm not ready yet. I thought I could ride solo but with him pestering me whole day this afternoon, I doubt it's easy to say no.

When I feel like the heater was not that warm anymore, I decided to turn off the shower and dried myself. I applied body lotion before putting on a white dress with cherry details that stopped above my knees. This would probably be the first time that I was wearing something this girlish to someone's house; usually it would be a oversized t-shirt with sweatpants but I should be more presentable for tonight.

I went out of the bathroom and headed to my dressing table

I went out of the bathroom and headed to my dressing table. I untied my hair from its messy bun and combed it through with a brush. I was contemplating whether to curl few strands of hair to frame my face or not.

If I curled it then I would look like I was trying hard to impress someone, but if I don't, my hair looked like a mess.

Okay, fine I'll just curl a few for my own benefit. For the sake of my hair not looking like a bird's nest, I'll do it. I grabbed my hair straightener from the drawer and curled a few strands around my head to have a little volume. In the end, I was satisfied with its results as I only curled my hair once in a blue moon.

Going together with the put-together look, I decided to put on some makeup; clear brow gel, glittery eyeshadow, mascara, blush and nude lipstick. Once I was content with how I look in the mirror, I grabbed my purse from my bed alongside my phone and headed downstairs. I knew I wasn't late because if I was, my mom would be hollering after me again.