Chapter Four

My first class of the day was English. It's already bad enough I'm late and now I don't even know where my class was. I ran all over the school hallway to find my English class and luckily I managed to find it. I knocked on the door whilst earning the male teacher's attention, before entering the class. I glanced at the students in the class and all of them stopped what they were doing and stared at me like I came from an unknown planet.

I shifted my eyes back to the teacher and he had a frown on his forehead. "Why are you late to my class?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, sir. My name is Alessandra Jensen. I-I couldn't find your class so I had to run all over the hallway to find your class and when I did I-I was already late." I said; giggles can be heard in the background. I bet they found my reason stupid. The reason was a half lie, half truth answer. The main reason I was late was because of the incident I had with that hot guy. Well, he's incredibly handsome face is still fresh on my mind.

He sighed. "You can call me Mr Smith. Seeing this is your first day here, detention would not be given to you."

"Thank you, sir." I nodded my head.

"Please, take a seat at the back." He said and resumed with his lesson. I took out my notebook to copy down some notes given by Mr Smith. Suddenly, I felt someone's finger knocking lightly on my desk. A light gasp escaped from my mouth, earning some people's attention. I turned to my left to see who it was and it was Betty. Wait. Betty?!

"Hey, Sandra." She grinned.

"Betty? I didn't know you go to school here." I whispered with a smile. At least I have a friend on the first day.

"Yup! I'm in this school since I was in grade 7."

I giggled. "I'm glad there's a familiar face here."

A loud voice interrupted us from talking and we faced the front again. Mr Smith. "Girls, do you have anything to share with us?" He asked with a frown.

"No, sir." The both of us said at the same time.

He held his glare at us for few seconds before he broke it. "The next time I catch the two of you talking, the both of you will be facing detention." Nope.

We nodded our head and he resumed with his notes. I glanced at Betty and she shook her head with a small smile and shifted her eyes to me and mouthed, "he's cranky today." A grin formed on my lips before I resumed with my work.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Once class was over, there's a break time for all of us. Betty knew that I was unfamiliar with the school and any of the school rules so she demanded that she would be my tour guide for the rest of the day. She showed me the way to the canteen first since the both of us were starving.

My stomach would not stop growling throughout the whole English period; thus, earning some weird glances from the people that were sitting near me. That was embarrassing Alessandra!

We pushed the door opened to reveal a cafeteria. It was small and crowded, but big enough to fit everyone inside the room. When I said it was crowded, I meant it by really, really crowded. Everyone was having their break at the cafeteria. A long queue was formed by the students to buy their breakfasts, beverages and paying for their meals.

"Woah." I breathed.

Betty laughed at my reaction and patted me on my shoulder. "I know right. Come on, I'll introduce you to my friends." She said, ushered me to follow her. I followed her fast walking pace behind her; we went out of the cafeteria and to the school compound that had few tables and benches provided for anyone to sit. When she stopped in front of a small group of unfamiliar looking faces, I stopped few meters away from them because they seemed like the jocks and cheerleaders table. I was and still am afraid of the cheerleaders because the head cheerleader in my old school would boss people around and bully the 'nerds' or the shy group, which was me.