Chapter Fifty Seven

Days went by with Archie constantly bombarding my phone with messages and missed calls which I ignored.

I can't even bring myself to look at him yet alone talk to him without bursting into tears. I was exhausted carrying this secret around with me ever since that evening.

I wanted to tell someone, anyone, about it but I was afraid what that might've meant for Archie if word got out what happened.

Heck, I even wanted to tell Principle Weatherbee about it but whether he would take strict action against Ms. Grundy was the question.

I could get into serious trouble if Archie doesn't come forward that he was sexually groomed.

All this brought me back to the conclusion that I should keep this to myself until I can find a better solution or muster the power to face him.

He tried coming talking to me when I was home one night but my parents were back from their long shifts from the hospital.

"Baby, why's Archie at the door looking all frantic and serious asking for you?" My mom asked while I hid in the kitchen.

"Nothing, mom. Just tell him I'm not around." I muttered.

"Is there something going on that I should know?"

I wished I could tell my mom but knowing her, she would straight barge into Mr. Andrews' home to find him and things would get extremely messy.

"No, mom,"

Her eyes went wide as if she made a new discovery. "Please tell me you and Archie are not dating."

We're definitely not dating. But whatever was going on between us became more complicated considering what was going on right now.

"What? No! Mom, please. Please just make Archie go away. I'm not in the mood to talk to him." I sighed.

She shook her head and sighed. "You better not be up to no good, Alessandra."

I could sense that he was really sincere to talk things out with me but being a coward myself, I was terrified. Catching him with Ms. Grundy was one thing, but how long did their relationship went on even after the things that he and I did?

All these times my idiot of a heart was falling for him, he was in a secret relationship with our teacher. Our freaking music teacher.

I screamed into my pillow when I thought about the memory. All of this wouldn't have mattered if Archie and I weren't intimate with each other, and it wouldn't have mattered if my feelings were good as dead.

The only thing that I did these days to take off my memory off of him was to engage in activities. I have been going back to my routine of jogging around the neighbourhood and Riverdale just so I could pretend that this was all a fever dream.

Putting on my running outfit had me feeling motivated to be distracted. The chilly weather prevented me from wearing a sports bra and shorts unless I wanna catch a cold, which resulted in me wearing a long sleeved top and leggings.

"Dad, I'm gonna be out for an hour or so. Tell mom that I would not be eating dinner, okay." I told my dad as I put on my shoes.

"Alright, be careful out in the night, princess."

Princess was a nickname given by my dad since I was little. To everyone, I was his little princess and he was the best king that I could ever wished for.

Hearing that nickname from my dad always made me feel nostalgic and warm, like I would go through every challenge that I was facing.

I begun to jog from my neighbourhood all the way to the park until I was breathless. I missed my momentum of jogging which made me get tired easier that before. I needed to get back in shape before I start slacking again.