Chapter Thirty One

"Okay, so, Miss Jensen, you're fingers are surprisingly healing faster than I thought." Dr Hank mused after he had unwrapped my fingers from the bandage.

"Really?"

"Yes, I need you to try to straighten your fingers for me if you can."

I nodded my head and complied. I slowly straightener my fingers as much as I could. I knew I could not straighten it any further when there was a pain shooting through them. But hey, it was much better than two weeks before, where I could barely move it, let alone, straighten it. So I guess this was progress.

"Okay, thank you. This is a good progress. Now all you need to do is x-ray and we're done." He smiled reassuringly when he noticed my tensed body.

After going through the procedure and all that, we finally got my x-ray. I was pulling at my lips whilst shaking my legs the whole entire time while waiting for the x-ray. I was extremely nervous.

"Good news, Miss Jensen." Dr Hank grinned. "As you can see," he pointed to the film against the lightbox. "Your joints are healing and it is in a better state compared to the last x-ray you had. Still no signs of fractured or dislocated joints so you're good to go."

"Does that mean that she could continue with her daily activities?" My dad asked.

"Yes, sure. But she still cannot do anything that requires a lot of weight to be applied on that hand. And no sports involving balls okay?"

"Okay."

"Do you have any trouble sleeping at night?" Dr Hank asked, directed to me.

"Occasionally."

"Any sort of side effects after taking the painkillers I've prescribed?"

"Not that I know off."

He jotted something on his notepad as we speak. "I will prescribe you some light dose of sleeping pills but you only take it when you're not able to sleep, not when you're awake and want to sleep faster, get it?"

"Okay, and erm, can I play the guitar yet?"

"Give it a rest for your fingers about three to five days more and if the condition is getting better then you may proceed."

I grinned. At least I could get to play during my free time and offer to play it alongside with Archie on the duet.

After we were done, we went down to the pharmacy to get the medicine and made payment. We stopped at Pop's diner to have our dinner since none of us had eaten yet.

I pushed the door open and we were greeted by Pop's warm smile. My parents decided to sit somewhere in the far corner that was isolated from the students that goes to Riverdale High. It was quieter from the loud voices coming from each other their tables.

There were literally three to four tables tonight that were occupied by them. One of which was Archie and his gang, Reggie included. We had to pass by their table in order to be in our current booth—and it was awkward, especially with Archie.

Reggie on the other hand, was beaming at me and gave my parents a small smile when they made eye contact with him. I waved and said "hi" with a small laugh to him before walking away.

And for Archie, he does not seemed pleasant at all to see that. He was staring at Reggie and I's small interaction the whole time; I knew that because I accidentally caught his eyes without intentionally wanting to. I could not help myself when I could feel someone burning their eyes on us.

Pops attended to our table shortly after and had taken down our orders. I ordered their special burgers with fries and a chocolate milkshake. My mom and dad ordered Caesar salad and salmon steak respectively. They called for lemon water because it apparently was good for detoxing their body toxins. Yeah, my parents always tried to take care of their health as much as they could. Unlike me who loved eating junk, fried, unhealthy and fattening foods like this.