Chapter Fourty Nine

Reggie and I started dancing and jumping to the beat as we enjoyed ourselves. I pulled him by his jacket belt and pulled him close. He chuckled and took me my surprise when he turn me around and had me trapped between his forearms and chest.

I felt his steady heartbeat against my back and my heart rate started to pick up. His forearm was pressed against my stomach lightly, making my stomach erupted with butterflies.

"Two can play a game." He smirked and whispered beside my ear.

"Sure." I shrugged and turned around. Our faces were close to one another and my chest was pressed onto his. "So can I." I bit my lip.

I don't know where my confidence came from but I was lowkey enjoying it. On the other hand, I do not feel like myself. I was being really bold and it felt freeing to do whatever I want. Being with Reggie made me feel on top of the world.

"Are you playing with me now?"

"Am I? Hmm, I don't know." I pouted.

He chuckled. "You looked hot tonight." He pushed a strand of hair away from my face.

I looked away shyly. I was aware that this was a revealing dress especially the back and a little cleavage exposure on the front.

"Hate to break this lovely couple here, but we are going to play some games if you want to join." Kevin cleared his throat awkwardly and pat Reggie on his back.

We stepped away from one another suppressing a laugh. "Yeah, we'll come. What game are we playing?"

"Uh, classic party games I believe."

"Yeah, okay, that would be fun." Reggie clapped his hands together.

The three of us left the dance floor and headed to a mini longe area that they had created for the night.

All of us sat in a circle in the lounge area. Music were still pouring out from the speakers and the bass booming differently with every beat.

I pulled at my dress before placing my legs sideways on the floor to avoid flashing myself. The dress was short but sitting on the floor basically tells me to flash myself.

Veronica said it was always a tradition to play truth or dare during birthdays as many wishes would come true. I was hesitant to play at first but eventually gave in since everyone was excited for it and I don't want to be the party pooper.

So far in the circle was Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Reggie, Kevin, Moose, Josie and the Pussycats and I. Veronica placed the glass bottle down at the center and was ready to take the spin but she stopped.

My eyes widen when I saw the same person who was sitting opposite of me during games like this. It was none other than Archie. He sat there without saying anything and had his eyes focused on me.

Everyone else was surprised that he was playing this but they shrugged it off. I wasn't surprised anymore but instead I became more anxious with him here with me. I thought I can ignore him throughout the party and maybe he would find it boring and leave but here he was, playing another game with us.

The last we played games like this it didn't end well for any of us. Ironically, we were at the same exact position too. Anything can easily happen but hopefully better than that night. The bottle gave me flashbacks to the Semi Formal Dance after party. It was a memory I do not want to visit.