Chapter Nineteen

"Kev, is there any updates on Jason's case?" Betty asked as we were sitting under a tree. It was our free period which was why we were allowed to hang around the school. Jughead wasn't here with us because he had a photography class that was going on as we speak. He didn't pegged me the type for taking photographs but it was so cool.

"I doubt it. My dad has been avoiding me since I questioned him."

I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean avoid?"

"Well, he comes home late at night, specifically after I go to bed, he left early for work and early as in much more earlier than he needs to, and he couldn't even look me in the eyes for god knows what reason."

"That's a little to extreme don't you think?" Veronica said.

"Exactly! He could've just told me that the case he's working on is confidential, then maybe I'll stop prying into his business. Although I probably won't." Kevin chuckled.

"But so far from what you've seen, do you think that your dad has anything to do with Jason's death?" Betty asked but that earned a slight wince from Kevin.

"I don't know. From the way he's acting, it could go both ways." Kevin answered. "I just hope that my dad wasn't involved in any sort of way."

Veronica patted him on his shoulder and gave him a small smile. "I'm sure Sheriff Keller wouldn't do such thing. He's an independent and faithful sheriff that I've seen in Riverdale."

"Yeah, from the times we spent together and occasional meetings with your dad, he doesn't looked like that kind of person." I said.

"But I'm not so sure about Sheriff Minetta."

"Neither do I." Betty, Kevin and I agreed. We continued to talk about Sheriff Minetta and the other sheriffs that were working with Sheriff Keller.

As we were talking on about that, the sight of Reggie caught my attention. He was walking towards where we were sitting and when he saw that I was staring at him, he gave me a small wave. I smiled back as a gesture towards his friendliness. That's just creepy for me to stare at most guys at Riverdale High, especially Archie, even if I don't want to.

I don't think any of them noticed that Reggie was walking towards us with their intense conversation about the sheriffs. "Hi, Alessandra." Reggie grinned and stood right in front of me. He's tall and broad framed blocked the sun that was shining on my body seconds before he stood here. I had to craned my neck in order to meet his eyes as I was way shorter than him when I was sitting on the ground.

"Hi!" My voice went a pitch higher involuntarily when I said that.

"I have a question for you, if you don't mind answering to it." He started. I nodded my head and pushed myself off the ground so that we could talk easier. "I was wondering if you're doing anything after school?"

"No, why?"

"Well, would you like to hang out with me after school?" His question caught me off guard. Was he being serious or was it a joke? By how his cheeks were slightly tinted, I doubt he was joking about this. I have no idea what had happened to me but I couldn't find any words to say.

"Uh," I cleared my throat, hopefully I could think of what to say next. "I-I guess yeah." I smiled.

His face instantly lighted up like a light bulb. "Great! That's a date then."

I was slightly bewildered by his statement. He had just said we were going to hang out but at the same time, he ended up saying that it was a date. A casual hang out as friends or going on a date date?