Chapter Twenty Four

Last night's sleep was agonizing. It was basically hurting whenever I move my hand or shift in my bed ever so slightly. My sleeping hours from seven hours dropped to four hours; meaning I have no sleep at all. The painkillers that I took had no help, at least not like I hoped it would. It did numb my pain for a short while before it's back while I was still sleeping.

If spraining my fingers would cause this much pain, how do people in a cast managed to even sleep a wink? I know I can't.

With the lack of sleep I had, I decided to dress more presentable unlike on usual days. Wearing hoodie with sweatpants on days like this would make me missed my bed so badly. I had picked out a black velvet top that was slightly cropped and paired it with a hight waisted black and white striped paper bag pants. At least in this outfit, I would look more put together than I ever was.

Based on Veronica's fashionista expertise, I looked so much better wearing these than my usual outfits. She said this outfit helped to show my 'curves' in the right places and it showed some personalities in me. The only 'curve' I could think of was how my pelvis was larger than other parts of my body, that's it. Sure, I do have a flat stomach, but I wished it was more toned.

"You looked dead on the outside but seemingly alive on the inside." Kevin joked.

"Hahaha very funny." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, by the way, did you managed to get an x-ray?" Veronica asked.

"Yes, and the doctor said that I had sprained my fingers, nothing much to worry about." I smiled.

"Yeah and we," she motioned to Betty. "Betty and I, would love to teach Cheryl a lesson." Betty was smirking at that idea and nodding her head in agreement.

"Don't forget about me because I'm definitely in for it." Jughead smirked too.

"You see! We would protect you and make sure she doesn't do any physical harm to you anymore. We just need you to say yes." Veronica clasped my arms and gave it a squeeze.

I was fluttered that I have an actual group of friends here who would do anything to protect me. They're too good of a person to offer their help to a new friend they met. The idea of Cheryl getting a lesson taught by them doesn't sound too bad at all. In fact, it would sound perfectly nice if she really learned her lesson. But I doubt she would, which was why I decided to decline their offer.

"I appreciate that you guys are looking out for me but I'm going have to pass this."

"Why?" Veronica groaned.

"Because, I'm not that kind of a person. And I don't want you guys to treat me like I'm some fragile girl who would break any time when I see Archie or Cheryl approaching me."

Jughead sighed and nodded. "Okay, we respect your decision."

"But how did Archie's name came out in this conversation?" Kevin asked.

"Do you have a crush on him or something?" Veronica asked, her tone slightly different from before but stayed with her poker face.

"What? Of course not!" I exclaimed for the nth time. I was getting sick of this question. Could people just stop shoving this question in my face and stopped assuming things?

"Oh, you sure?" She snapped and was glaring at me. I could tell she was mad at my answer, or at least me for now.

My mouth instantly went dry and suddenly, I felt like running away from her. This was the first time that I had seen Veronica getting all worked up. Call me crazy, but I have this fear of people disliking or annoyed by me. This was also another thing I was working on to make myself know that it's okay to have people disliked you. There would always be haters around so why not ignore the bad ones and acknowledge the good ones.