Chapter Fourty Seven

The day ended in the best way possible. Nah, not really. My body ached even though hours had gone by since gym class was over. I felt my body getting weaker and dehydrated as the day goes by which made studying a whole lot more agonizing.

With my body feeling this way, it was hard for me to walk all the way back home with my heavy backpack. The weight on my shoulders were heavy enough to make my legs feel like jello.

I was only lucky that the sun wasn't sunny today. It was already 5pm when I decided to walk back home. We had a small meeting together to discuss how we were going to get to the bottom of what was happening in Riverdale.

Each day goes by, no news and progress in Jason Blossom's case, but it keeps getting weirder and weirder—like nothing make sense anymore. If the Serpents were involved with his murder, I doubt they would be less discreet about their dealings with Jingle Jangle. Jughead made sure of that.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks when I heard a honk behind me. I turned my head to see Reggie in his car with his shades on.

I grinned and waved. "What are you doing here?"

"Hop on. I can tell you were exhausted from the game." He opened his car door for me.

There was no way I could refuse the ride especially when my legs could not bring me any further. I shrugged and slid into his car and closed the door beside me.

"I feel like you're trying to impress me, Mantle." I tsked and laughed.

"I mean, it's working, isn't it?" He winked before stepping on the pedal.

The short ride back home was filled with comfortable silence since I was exhausted out of my mind while he was focusing on his driving. I leaned my head against the window and stared at the houses that we pass.

Having a car would definitely make my life easier, but with myself not having a car makes it hard for me to drive around.

I took off the seatbelt and took my backpack along with me but Reggie had his grip on my bag strap. I whipped my head back, looking confused.

"As the guy who is trying to impress you, I will be taking your backpack instead of you. You've done enough today, Sandra."

I sighed. "I have energy left for this small task, you know?" I chuckled.

"Yes, but no gentleman would let a girl carry some heavy bags when she had won us a game."

I rolled my eyes. "If only this was an actual competition tournament." I joked.

Eventually, I let him take my bag. I placed the house keys on the table top as I turned to Reggie. "You want anything to eat?"

"Oh, so you're inviting me to stay too?" He teased.

"No, I take that back. You're leaving." I teased him back and took a couple of eggs out from the fridge.

He took a seat at the dining table with his chin rested on his knuckles. "I'll never say no to a meal."

The only few food that I know how to cook without burning myself was actually making omelettes—like I guess it had become my go-to meal since it was easy to make.

"Here you go." I folded the omelette nicely and placed it on his plate.

He wasted no time and stuck his fork inside and took a bite. His eyes widened and a groan left his lips. "That's some bombass omelette you have here."

I laughed. "It's decent and it's one of the few foods that I could cook."

"Man, please make me more of these when I come for a visit." He indulged his meal while I took my time and ate mine.