#19 Only Words Bleed

I'm going through a huge Ed Sheeran phase, bare with me. He's perfection.

---------------------------------------------------

It all came back in flashbacks; his first encounter with her, the first word they shared, the awkward feeling in the air, the nervous laughs, their first kiss, apologies, embraces and warm words.

"Kendall?" YN snapped him out of his thoughts as she folded another article of clothing and neatly placed it on the pile.

Kendall closed his slightly parted lips, and closed his eyes for a brief second. His throat felt dry, his eyes were gloomy and he was tired. His voice was hoarse, his gestures were shaky. "Hmm?" He hummed.

"I said, can you pass me my phone? I might need some more boxes to put my things in. I have to call someone and let them know." YN's voice wasn't exactly steady either, she stretched out her limp hand as she eyed her phone which was about a centimetre away from Kendall.

He didn't say a word, simply picking it up he passed it on to her. The slight contact between their fingers made both of them look up at each other, sad smiles forming on their pale lips. Suddenly the boxes and the packing didn't matter anymore, she dropped her phone, crawled up and took a seat in front of him. She craved to take his hand and hold it tight in between hers, so she did. Kendall's gaze refused to meet hers, he played with a corner of one of the many photos scattered on the bed.

"Look at me." YN whispered, squeezing his hand to emphasise her words. Kendall shook his head and gulped. Her eyes scanned the view in front of her, this boy is what she smiles for and now it's all fading away like patterns on dry sand.

Silently laughing to herself she tilted his head up. Tears were so close to spill out of his emerald eyes, his face was growing red from trying to hold them in. "I'm sorry." Words only seemed to come out in whispers. "I don't want this for us Kendall, I knew this day would come, I knew I'd have to move away from here." Gently placing a hand on his face, her thumb brushed against his cheek where the dry tears remain.

"Don't go." Kendall gripped onto her wrist and placed a sweet kiss on her palm. "Stay with me, I love you. I'll always love you I promise, just don't go." His words sounded almost like a stubborn child's protest. "You have no idea how lonely I'll feel. How I'll feel when I'll pass this house and you won't be in it. These walls will be nothing but memories and echoes." Kendall inhaled a sharp breath, the colours from his face drained, more tears fell. "I love you so much."

YN's tears weren't held back either, both of them knew this won't get any easier. She looked around and blinked the remaining of her tears away. Everything was a memory of them now; the photographs on the bed, the memories lingering in the room, with every breath things felt a little more empty.

"Can we keep our love in these photographs?" That was her only option to offer, these photos were what will keep their spark alive.

"Hmm." He noded, smiling to himself and picking up the one he adored the most. It was a photo of them sitting on the balcony, she was curled up on his lap, their lips were pressed together in a sweet rhythm. "When you're away, I'll remember the way you use to kiss me. Maybe I'll feel better..." His voice began cracking again, he was nervous, he was sad, he wasn't ready for this journey to be lonely.

"I'll keep you in that necklace er... You gave me... You'll be next to my heart." Where you should be, she thought to herself, not wanting to say it out loud to create more tension. She wasn't going to change things, just because she was moving away. "Ken?"

His smile faded away once again, he looked at her. "Yes?"

"You know I don't mean to hurt you and this is not my decision."

Kendall bit his lip, he was cheesy so it would be only appropriate for him to do such thing. "And if you hurt me, that's okay baby, only words bleed." He hummed, his voice sounding as angelic as ever.

"You're such an idiot." She laughed, wiping her tears away. "I love you so much. God."

"I love you too. I loved you, I love you now, I'll always love you." Kendall was slowly giving up but he had hope they'd spark up again. In about a few years probably, but it was his promise to himself, he'll wait for her to come home.

"Here." He spoke up, followed by a peck on her lips. He picked up another photo and slowly walked over to the pile of her clothes and neatly unfolded a pair of jeans. "You can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans. My favourite pair on you. Other guys better not be gawking at you when you wear these." His playfulness was still there, just not so lively.

YN got up and wrapped her arms around his lower waist. "They won't be. After all... You'll be in the pocket." She laughed. No denying, she'll miss this more than anything.

Kendall pressed his palm on her cheek and leaned down, leaving series of kisses on her face and finally on her lips. The taste of her love was something he will most definitely miss. This is all he had for now, he'd have to make most of it.

She will leave, time will keep ticking. But they will still have these photographs, and she never hurt him, remember, only words bleed? He will wait for her to come home. No matter what's next, they'll always have a piece of each other close to their hearts.