#3 - Saturday Mornings & Freckles

Saturday mornings were hugely appreciated by you and your oh so incredible boyfriend, Kendall. There was not one Saturday morning that'd start out poorly. It was slow and every second counted.

Yes it could've been Sunday or some other day of the week but according to you and Kendall there was a different vibe to Saturday mornings. You could relax without thinking about all the work or the weekdays ahead of you both. It was usually more thrilling because your Friday nights were just as special as your Saturday mornings. Coming back from work, after a long week and having someone to cuddle with, watch movies, have sweet talk and do absolutely nothing sounded amazing. You were both upon that since the 4th week of your relationship, and it has now become a thing for two and a half years.

You fluttered your eyes open as the sunlight peeking through the window lit up the whole room. It was early and you had no idea what interested you to wake up. Turning on your side you saw Kendall carelessly sleeping, his leg over yours and you had only realised that you were trapped in his arms. A feeling of warmth and love took over your body as you saw the peaceful boy, away in his dream land.

The way Kendall slept always fascinated you. It was just so careless but so innocent. His eyes were shut close, the soft covers that created warmth, tugged up to his bare chest with his lips apart just enough. The tiniest details about him made your heart flutter and you could not help but feel that way every passing minute spent with him.

"Babe?" Another soft, yet hoarse voice filled the room. Saturday morning music, filling your ears. Something that is much needed to start off your day.

You chuckled. His eyes were still closed and he was still (probably) half asleep. "Yes?" You whispered.

"I love you." He mumbled. Those three words that sounded new to you every time they'd escape his lips. It wasn't unusual, he'd mumble something sweet every once in a while in his sleep, when you'd tell him that he'd just laugh because to be honest he doesn't know he does that. But it only makes you fall in love with him more, because it shows that he truly is in love with you.

"I love you too."

And you were right. He was asleep. He turned around to face the other side, the soft material sliding down his body, exposing his bare back. You took your time letting your eyes discover the fantasies of his back. His hands were tucked under his head as he continued the journey in his dream land.

Your eyes couldn't help but notice millions of freckles scattered across his back, giving texture to the tattoos on his back. A small giggle left your mouth and echoed against the creamy walls. Reaching out to his back you started connecting his freckles with your forefinger. They were like stars in your eyes. His soft skin, relaxed under your touch as a small smile crept upon your face. You ran your finger down his spine and back up, connecting his freckles and tracing his tattoos. You stopped once you reached the tattoo on the centre of his back. It was Sissy, your personal favourite. It might seem a little odd, it's a dog, what's so good about that? It's his dog, and it shows just how much he cherishes the things he loves, and that was the reason for it being your personal favourite.

You took your time tracing that one, it was a bit detailed. Soon enough, not a move could be made before his voice was back, spreading across the room. Mixture of the pure sunlight, and his smooth, husky voice.

"YN?"

"Hmm?" You hummed, not wanting to ruin the peaceful silence.

Kendall turned around to face you once again, your eyes trailed to his arm to find the tattoos that were there. He reached out his arm and slid it just under your arm, on your waist. He pulled you close and left a sweet kiss on your lips.

"It's Saturday." He whispered.

"Mhmm." Your voice trailed off as you traced random circles and patterns on his arm. The feeling was extraordinary.

"I love Saturdays." His stubble tickled your skin, from his face being close enough to yours. You stopped and looked at him for a second, followed by a small laugh.

"I know."

"Do you know what else I love?" Kendall murmured, placing several soft kisses on your forehead.

"Me?" You teased.

"You."

Not many words were spoken and they were only said in whispers but it was priceless. You both knew you'd have to get up, make breakfast and carry on with your day but that moment, Saturday mornings were something none of you would change for anything.

It could be pretty basic for others but for you two, Saturday mornings meant laughs, love, kisses, cuddles and more kisses.

And that's the way you both liked it. You and him and these little moments.

That puts an end to everything unnecessary.

--------------------------------------------

YAY I FINALLY LIKE SOMETHING I WROTE! Kind of in love with this because the freckles on his back 😍 Let me know what you thought of it!