#6 - Phone Call

As sleep took over YN's body she only hoped Kendall would put down the pen and paper and walk over to her, holding her close in his arms.

Kendall has been working on a new song for about a week now, he was exhausted and excited for everyone to hear it. He met up with a few people, having several writing sessions and couldn't wait till the song would be finally out.

"Baby?" YN's mumble reached Kendall's ear. He turned his head to look at her and put one hand up in defense.

"Coming, coming." He gently put the pen down on the sheet which had lyrics scattered all over it, written in Kendall's messy handwriting. Standing up to stretch, his tee inched up to rise just above his v-line. "My back is killing."

"Maybe should've listened to me when I said come to bed, get some sleep." YN tugged on his arm, as she remained laying on the bed, Kendall standing in front of her. "Come now."

"You're always right, aren't you?" The tired boy chuckled, taking his top off, which left him only in his sweats. He took his time getting in bed, wrapping his arms around YN and pulling her close against his chest.

"I am. If only you ever listened." She spoke, like she always does. It wasn't even a lie, she wanted the best for Kendall, she was always aware of what's going down.

"Mmhm." Kendall hummed, his lips pressed against her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

That was their goodnight. Same thing every night. Same position. Same bliss. It never gets old, like they couldn't sleep if their night wouldn't end like that. It was their "thing." And so they slept, wrapped in each other's arms.

3am, in middle of the night, an ear ringing voice filled the room. YN's head sank further in the pillow, trying to block the sound out. Kendall's hand slid away from her waist as he took a second before sitting up. His hand searched for his phone, while he mumbled a "sorry" to YN, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. He sat up and answered the call, and the conversation began.

10 minutes, 20, half an hour passed. The conversation didn't stop. YN's eyes fluttered open, setting her vision on Kendall. His back against the headboard, his bare chest providing her with a billion dollar view, with his sweats hanging on his lower waist. Messy, bed hair and a rather breathtaking hoarse, morning voice to go with it.

Kendall looked down at her and ran his fingers through his hair, saying a "yes." every now and then. He laced his fingers with hers, pressing a kiss on top of her hand. "Yes, no man I'm thrilled. Yeah.. Of course."

She offered him a small smile and kissed his knuckles, her eyes never leaving his face. There was something about this tired Kendall, YN adored. It could be his hair or his voice, or just himself looking all comfortable in bed.

"Yes. No no it's all good. Yeah, sure." Kendall laughed a little. "Night man, see you then." And with that, the phone call ended.

He put the phone down back where it belongs and slid back down on the bed with a small groan. "There goes my sleep."

YN ran her fingers through his hair, leaving a kiss or two on his cheek. "I love how dedicated you are to your work. I mean taking calls at 3 in the morning. Really?" She giggled.

Kendall smiled. "Don't you love how dedicated I am to you?" He teased, their fingers intertwined.

"More than anything."

"Back to bed we go, adding a new writing session to the list. Fun." He spoke, adjusting himself back to the old position.

"Night sleepyhead." YN kissed his chest, followed by Kendall kissing the top of her head.

"Night beautiful."

After the view YN got of Kendall on the phone, in middle of the night. She wouldn't mind a few more phone calls throughout the night every so often. After all, phone calls aren't so bad, right?

--------------------------------------------

I am in love with this. I've been inspired 😋