#13 - Sleepy Time

Sucky title. Not satisfied with this whatsoever. ugH!

---------------------------------------------------

"Guys? Where are you?" YN's voice boomed in what seemed to be an empty house. Confusion took over her as her feet shifted on the ground taking her second shoe off. Kendall never takes Kiera outside of the house when it's just the two of them.

"Kendall?" She yelled once again before making her way towards the bedroom, only to get stopped by a breathtaking view.

Kendall was wrapped under the blanket holding Kiera. Her little body was tucked beside him, almost getting lost in his embrace. Her hand rested gently against his chest, his arms holding onto her tiny body. This was always a thing, and YN knew the reason behind it. Whenever Kendall had to put little two year old Kiera to bed, he'd fall asleep in between.

A small laugh escaped her lips as she pulled the blanket further along their body, pressing soft kisses on both of their cheeks. Ready to move away and relax into comforting material, Kendall grabbed YN's arm just in time to stop her from turning away.

"Hi." His voice muffled and raspy, one arm resting under Kiera's small body, whilst the other held onto YN's arm.

YN turned around, a smile glowing on her lips. "Hey sleepy head."

"How was your day?" He asked sweetly, knowing he had one of those best days with his little angel. "Tiring I'm guessing... You look pretty exhausted, sweetheart."

YN shrugged her shoulders. "Missed you two. Didn't get a chance to call." Her eyes nearly closing.

Kendall understood. "Sleepy? Join us." The boy grinned, joy washing over him at the thought of having two important girls wrapped up in his arms.

"I'll change out of this first." YN muttered pointing at her clothes and leaned down to kiss Kendall for a short second before walking away to slip into a comfortable bliss.

"When did she sleep?"

"Half an hour I guess... Kinda fell asleep.." He said, running his fingers through his hair, chuckling to himself knowing it was just his habit.

"You always do Ken, you always do." YN laughed.

Not a word could be spoken, Kiera turned and tossed. Her dirty blonde hair all over her face, as she tried to set her vision. "Mama?" Her soft voice cooed, letting out the unstable word out.

Smiling to herself YN got in bed beside her, Kendall's arm going over both; YN and Kiera's body. "Hey lovely! How was your day?"

"Goofy!" Little Kiera giggled to herself, covering her face. Kendall laughed and removed her hands, right after grabbing his phone to show YN all the photos they had taken, silly, goofy ones. "Dada goofy mama!"

YN removed the hair from her tiny face, and pushed them aside, laughing with Kendall. "Daddy is goofy, princess. Was it fun?"

Kiera nodded eagerly at YN's question. "Kiera had fun!"

Kiera still didn't know her syllables. She had a habit of speaking in third person. It was adorable but with Kendall's countless dumb moments it could be confusing from time to time.

"That's great sweetie. Are you still tired?" Sleep was clouding YN's eyes, and she was sure that Kendall was still tired from the day he spent with Kiera.

Kiera took her time thinking it through as she knew that both of her parents wouldn't take long to fall into a deep slumber after a long day. On days like this the schedule was that Kiera would fall asleep in between them and Kendall would shift her tiny body into her room while she's still asleep.

"Can Kiera sleep with mama dada?" She didn't have to ask, but she did anyway. She knew the drill. Always ahead of her little thoughts, she knew too much about the demanding world. But Kendall and YN were the first to grant any of her wishes regardless of their needs.

"Of course, honey." Kendall was the first to answer, kissing her forehead.

These were also known as the 'Sleepy Nights'. It's not like they'd close their eyes and fall asleep just like that. There were traditions to fulfil. These days would only occur on Fridays. Kendall's day off from work and his shift to look after Kiera while YN works long hours. By night time Kiera would be tired from her daddy's interacting activities, YN would be tired from work, and Kendall would be tired from being the greatest dad he is. The perfect way to seal the day was to share stories from earlier in the day, what happened, how it happened and laughter was involved of course.

"So!" YN beamed. "What's the story princess? How was your day? Tell me all about it!"

Kendall's hand found YN's as Kiera jumped from story to story explaining her day to her mother. He locked their fingers together and sent her a smile the moment her gaze set upon Kendall.

"I love you." He mouthed and she mouthed back the obvious answer straight away.

Droopy eyes and Kiera's never ending stories, Kendall's laugher at his daughter's silly yet adorable way of talking, and YN's head resting against the pillow, her body about to hit the snooze button.

Kendall stopped Kiera softly and slowly as his eyes found his wife sleeping peacefully on the other side of the bed. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her knuckles before looking at Kiera. "It's sleepy time, love." He whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"Dada?"

"Hm?"

And her little mind stopped running, she never got around to it, and fell into a sleep beside her mother. Kendall chuckled at the two loving girls that held his heart in their hands. He'd tell himself over and over again at how lucky he is to have moments like this. How he wouldn't trade it for anything.

"Good night my lovelies!" He exclaimed in a murmur and slipped back into a comforting position, slightly tightening his grip on YN's hand.

He'd have to wake up again to put Kiera in her room and he'd have to tuck her in again but the sleepy times were important. He'd let Kiera sleep in their warmth for long enough to make sure she's in a deep sleep, he hated waking Kiera or YN up in the process of putting Kiera in her room. After all, first thing in the morning, her little feet would run into the bedroom Kendall and YN shared to wake them up for another adventure ahead.

Sleepy times were precious, a tradition and it always will be.