#29 Hey Stranger

Eyes glued to the street, he clenched his hands around the steering wheel with only one person in his mind. He was angry and upset; betrayed and hurt. He sped down the empty roads as the street lights helped him with his blurry vision. He hadn't realised that he was in fact crying.

"Always remember, if you get over her like you have gotten over me, and you want to have back what we had, I will always be here waiting."

Her old words brought relief yet sadness at the same time. It had been four years since he had last seen her face. He still looked the same and he hoped she did to. He prayed for her to live in the same house because if he couldn't find her, he would be wrecked. After all, she said she'd always be waiting. Funny thing, he never knew why she loved him so much because he can only remember giving her pain. He wouldn't complain because if anything he was grateful.

He parked in front of her house and stared at the old, familiar house.

"You know you should move in with me. We're always so busy at least we'll get to see a little bit of each other."

A smile took over his place, thinking this use to be his home too. He would come back every night to the same beautiful face and she would always welcome him with the warmest of welcomes. What happened?

Kendall got out of the car and dried his eyes. He knew the tears weren't needed anymore, because she would fix his heart. She's waiting for him. With small steps he started inching towards her house, his heart nearly jumping out of his chest. The same feeling of love and sensation took over his body, healing his sorrow.

Three knocks and he could hear footsteps. His little smile was wiped off as soon as he realised it wasn't her standing there. It was a guy. His heart dropped thinking that she had moved.

The guy seemed to be friendly and offered him a small smile. "Hi, how can I help you?"

He gulped and looked at him. The guy was maybe an inch taller than him, grey eyes and nicely cut, brown hair. He was a little more toned than him as well, but there was no crazy difference.

"I'm looking for YN?" His voice cracked.

"Oh. Of course." The unfamiliar guy smiled and turned around to face the inside of the house. "YN? Someone is here to see you!"

Relief washed over him. She hadn't moved. She was right there.

"Why did you do this Dylan! Ugh, wait hold on I'm coming." Her voice took over the whole house, making his heart pick up it's pace. He couldn't help but notice the Dylan guy's face growing red as he laughed a little.

YN ran down the stairs, quickly fixing her messy pony tail followed by pulling her tank top down. Without looking anywhere she walked closer to the door and glared at Dylan who shot YN a wink.

"Hi stranger, who- Kendall." Her heart had suddenly felt the way Kendall was feeling earlier. "Oh my- wow. Hi. Please come in." She stepped aside letting him enter. Kendall could only see two thing: lots and lots of wedding catalogues... And a ring on her finger.

"How have you been? This is crazy! Wow. I'm so sorry it's all messy I've been going nuts!" YN stopped to chuckle. "Oh my god." She pulled Kendall into a hug and held him tight. "It's so good to see you."

Kendall's world spun. Everything was spinning, he didn't know why. Everything felt numb and dead. Like someone has sucked all the energy and emotions out of him. "You too." That's all he could say.

"What brings you to me? After- oh wait. Dylan this is Kendall and Kendall this is Dylan. Kendall was my best friend growing up and we dated for a while and Kendall Dylan is my soon, very very soon to be husband." She giggled.

Kendall stood there looking around. He didn't belong there, but she said she would wait for him, didn't she? It wasn't until then Kendall realised how selfish he sounded. He felt pathetic. How did he ever think she would wait for him. The one who broke her heart. She was so happy with this guy who loves her and cherishes her. Kendall shook his head and looked up at her, and what came out of his mouth was nothing but a solid lie.

"I missed you!" He forced a laugh. "Thought we could catch up and congrats! Dylan... Man take care of her, yeah?"

And that was that, for a very long time until he was rushing to see her. It was her day and she looked as beautiful as ever, in her wedding dress. His breath hitched and tears nearly spilled from his eyes. She was so beautiful and once she belonged to him. Leaving his thoughts behind he knocked on the door catching her attention. She was now someone, he didn't properly know, so he grinned and greeted her;

"Hey stranger."

Kendall Schmidt Short StoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara