#26 Not The Last

Very very cautiously Kendall walked through the dull, pale hospital door trying to manage two very hyper kids at the same time. He hated hospitals. It was the last place he'd rather be at, but for that day there is nowhere else he'd want to be at.

Earlier that day he had welcomed a little baby girl into the world with his wife YN. It was the third puppy in the bunch yet he couldn't have been more excited. After a few hours of hustle, when YN was finally feeling normal and a little better, she begged Kendall to bring the other two troublemakers in; Kaelin and Caleb. After a lot of running around the house, trying to collect all of their things, he finally brought them over.

"You have to be quiet, alright Caleb?" He warned him beforehand. "Mummy might be sleeping."

Caleb looked around trying to take in the fact as though why he was there. "Are we gonna see the baby, daddy?"

"You can, if you behave yourself buddy, she's very little."

Caleb nodded in response. Kendall squeezed Kaelin's hand, signalling for her to get that message through her head as well.

Being the person he is, he managed it very well. He guided them into the hospital room, where the two little noisy buggers didn't take long to burst.

"Mwummy!"

"Hey guys!" YN grinned, looking down at them. "Come here." With some help from Kendall, she successfully pulled them up on the bed.

"Where is the baby?" Kaelin asked, looking around the whole room trying to spot the little new sibling. She had so many questions to ask, just didn't know how to phrase them.

"Right here." Kendall chuckled at their expression as he held little Ava. "Careful though."

Kaelin being only 3 years old she backed away immediately. Neither Kendall or YN had ever seen her so terrified. "Do you wanna give her little hug, baby girl?"

Kaelin shook her head. "It's a baby sister!" Caleb cheered on the other hand, making them all laugh, except for Kaelin.

"Come here, buddy. Give her a hug." To which Caleb happily obliged and wrapped his tiny arms around her tiny body whilst Kendall held her. "See, come on kae."

She shook her head once again, staring at him thinking how could Caleb possibly not be scared of this new little girl.

"She doesn't bite, princess. It's your little sister." YN chimed in.

"You know, she was very excited to see Ava." Kendall laughed. "She asked about it all through the drive." He continued, kissing Kaelin's little forehead.

"Makes more sense that Caleb is not scared, he's the oldest and has dealt with Kaelin before." She chucked watching Caleb being all sorts of adorable with Ava.

"Yes, but he's still five years old babe."

"Go on princess, look at Ava. I promise she won't do anything."

Kaelin very carefully walked over and placed a tiny hand on Ava's cheek. "She's cute daddy."

"Isn't she?" He grinned. "Now do you wanna give her a hug?"

Still being hesitant, she slowly nodded. YN pulled her up on her lap and moved closer letting Kaelin embrace her little sister.

"Don't squish her too hard." Kendall reminded her. "She's only little."

Watching Kendall hold Ava, Kaelin embracing her and Caleb beaming up more at it made YN's heart melt. There is nothing more that could've ever looked so perfect.

"I'm so glad I sassed you at that party." She smirked, thinking back on the night they met.

Kendall looked up at her and laughed. "That's a whole different story." He smiled, sweetly kissing her for a second or two. "However, this is incredible."

"I know. We've done good." She nudged him, joining the laugh.

"Oh trust me, we have!"

Seeing the look on YN's face, Kendall knew exactly what was going through her head. He shook his head simultaneously, as he continued laughing.

"Nah-uh!"

"Baby... Think-" She tried to throw her reason in there.

"A fourth baby? Really YN?" He continued laughing.

"We'll be a huge family! And it'll be never ending laughs and hey, we don't have to worry about them growing up because we'll always have a little one." Just talking about it made her smile big. "And it'll be the last one, I swear!"

"In two years, babe."

"Fine. Two years." YN agreed, followed by placing a soft kiss on his cheek. "And Ken?"

"What now?" He looked at her, his eyes glowing from all the happiness that was stored inside him.

"I was lying about the fourth one being the last." She joked, playing it serious.

"Mother fu-"

"Ava's crying!!" Caleb squealed, suddenly so energetic for that reason only. "Fix it daddy!" Kaelin panicked, backing away in onto YN's lap.

YN and Kendall looked at each other and laughed at their reaction. None of them could ever ask for anything better, and it was just the beginning.