#15 - Passing Time

I WANT A MUSIC VIDEO FOR PASSING TIME AND I WANT IT TO BE LIKE THIS!!!1!11! KENDALL PLS TAKE MY IDEA AND MAKE IT HAPPEN

On another note: enjoy. (:

------------------------------------------------

'I need you here tonight, show me there's more to life.'

The music lingered in the dark room quite melodiously, while YN tried to get her job done professionally. The room was a mess, the only thing bugging her mind was the thought that she wouldn't be able to do this right and the voice she knew all too well was the only thing keeping her sane until her thoughts were already crawling back to reality.

"YN? Babe?" Kendall peeked his head into the room with a smile that was pouring out all his excitement.

After releasing the very successful album known by the name 'Happy Mistakes' there was only one thing left to do, and that was to release a music video. Kendall already had the whole idea of making a music video for the song Happy Mistakes itself but YN, his very supporting girlfriend told him otherwise. She had what Kendall thought was a brilliant idea, for the song Passing Time. That being heard from her, Kendall insisted her to guide the whole music video and also play a part in it.

"You okay bub?" Kendall walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist, looking at her with all the love he had to offer. "Nervous?"

"A little. A lot." Her gaze shifted towards Kendall. "Kendall the video will be up for the whole world to see.. And your fans- it's- what if it sucks? And it doesn't play out right? And I become a failure icon? Can you-"

Her words sounded very normal to Kendall. Kendall himself was always nervous and over thinking but he wasn't going to let that kill YN's vibes. "Hey hey. Listen. It's okay." His arms left her waist, he placed his hands on her shoulder and gently shook her. "Your idea is great! It's.. Grand and I can't wait to see the outcomes. Trust yourself a little on this one.. And me." Kendall's smile, genuinely made her feel better. His words played in her mind like her favourite song because she had to hold onto that till the end of the day.

"Okay. I'm ready." Offering a little smile, she kissed his cheek before stepping back. "I'm ready."

"Okay. Come on!" The excitement was back in his voice is no time and that was their time.

Dustin played roles at the beginning of the video starting off as YN's main guy, she fluently swayed across into Dustin's arms and then back into Kendall's. Acting out that she had no fixed lover and was just passing time. Of course Kendall played the main guy and the video rolled on about how she finally gathered herself and settled with the love of her life.

"Kendall? Hold the match stick. And stand here. Can we please get the lights to dim out a little?" YN sweetly instructed before taking the match stick back. "Lay down. Close your eyes."

'You lit the match, shook me awake. The fire grew, you fanned the flames. It burned until the walls let in the light.'

As the lyrics played out nicely, YN leaned down, taking her time lighting the match. Her hand dropped the match box letting it drop with a soft thud. With her free hand she gently shook Kendall with the flame lighting up their faces. Kendall shot his eyes open as YN had instructed him earlier, followed by YN blowing the flame out. The room lightened up within the few seconds.

"Was that good enough?" Kendall asked, sitting up. Hoping he didn't disappoint the way YN thought things through.

"It was perfect." The smile on YN's face was the biggest smile she had ever worn. Suddenly she felt over confident, which wasn't a bad thing for that certain moment. "Next scene?"

"Of course!" He jumped up and clapped his hands together.

'You took the armor on my chest and tore it open, open. You saw my heart inside the mess, said it's not broken, broken.'

The lyric being a little more critical took a few more tries but it was nothing the both of them couldn't do. Kendall pulled her into him, her arms pressed against his chest, she scanned her hand across his chest for a swift second before looking up at Kendall with a soft smile, which was meant to assure him that his heart indeed was not broken, but held together by her. Kendall spun her waist, until her body twirled away from him, and disappeared in the dark fog that was filling up the room.

'Show me there's more to life, and we're not passing time.'

The idea was to lock their hands together and run away until they'd hit the end of the dark hall, where the brightly lit lights were waiting for them to end the video perfectly.

"AND THAT'S A WRAP!" YN's voice echoed in the set that was put together for the very important music video. The best Kendall had ever experienced. He sealed the clip with a sweet kiss and immediately wrapped her up in his arm, lifting her body off the ground.

"That was perfect, baby. You did it." Kendall's voice shook at the thoughts of all the memories he had with his girl but needless to say, this was definitely a highlight. He was happy, he was proud.

"I did it." She grinned, letting their noses touch in the slightest manner. "It was incredible."

"You are incredible. And MAYBE from now on you can think of all the music video ideas. And also play a part in them. I mean... I enjoyed that alot." Kendall grinned, not being able to hold himself back.

Even though the idea made her feel sick in the stomach, she'd take it. YN wouldn't properly admit it, but this was the best experience of her life.

"Heffron Drive: Passing Time

Kendall Schmidt.

Dustin Belt.

Director: YN - YLN"

It would be a shame to call the music video a success because it only just wasn't that. It may have won a few awards here and there. After all, it wasn't just created for 'passing time' but also held a big part of their bond. They had done it.