#12 - Baby Food?

"Babe?" YN spoke softly, as she made her way towards Kendall, with their little baby wrapped in her arms. "Ken?"

"Over here!" The boy yelled from the living room, his voice booming against the white, creamy walls.

"Shhh, she's sleeping." YN warned, cautiously taking a seat beside her overly concerned husband. "You didn't wake her." She assured, letting a small laugh escape.

"Oh, thank god." Kendall smiled, and leaned down the little distance, pressing a gentle kiss against her little forehead. He even whispered a 'sorry' to her, afraid he might've disturbed her even if he knew that he didn't wake her up.

"Kendall?"

"Hmm?" He hummed, his eyes never leaving the precious little soul in the arms of his very loved one.

"We need to get her some baby food." YN announced, knowing what's ought to happen next.

"Baby food?" Kendall shifted his gaze towards YN and gave her a confused look. "She only has been drinking milk so far-"

"Yeah, I know." YN chuckled, at his confused face. "But it's okay to start feeding her baby food now. She needs more protein and vitamins, more than what milk has to offer. She's growing."

Kendall looked back at his loving daughter and laughed. "Alright."

"Why are you laughing?"

"She's just so tiny and the thought of her eating anything else other than suckling on milk, is a tad bit funny."

YN shook her head, finding it not so amusing that Kendall would point something out like that. If there's anything she knew about Kendall by hard, it's that he has his way of viewing things, which she loved of course but sometimes they just made no sense whatsoever.

And so they went. Kendall had went to the baby aisle several times in the past few months, to pick up nappies or to pick up her bathing essentials but the baby food aisle was absolutely new to him.

"All right so-"

"Look at that!" He beamed, making their little daughter jolt up and of course, she giggled. Kendall turned to look at her and stuck his tongue out, making her shift in place, her laughter spreading amongst the area. "She's so adorable!"

"Is that what you were telling me to look at?" YN laughed, "because that's nothing new. We all know the excitement she has for your silly faces."

He grinned, followed by a low laugh. "No, I was showing you baby food, it's meat flavoured." Kendall scrunched his nose, not liking the sound of it. "She'll throw up on us, babe."

"We're not gonna feed her those!" She playfully shoved Kendall away. "Look at the fruity ones." Her voice trailed as she picked up a few little jars.

Kendall's eyes darted towards her hands, and then back at the section beside her. "No! Wait!" He picked up the jars from the section beside YN. "I found organic ones."

"Oh god." YN huffed. "We are not feeding her organic baby food."

"Why not?" Kendall retorted, shooting an eyebrow up with a serious, questioning look.

If there was anything YN and Kendall always disagreed on was his love for anything organic. The plan was to get the baby food and jolt out before Kendall could find the organic baby food section, but clearly things didn't exactly go that way. Two different opinions.

Kendall turned the little jar, mumbling the words written on the back. "80% more vitamin than what you're holding."

"Ken, don't be ridiculous. She's not eating that."

"No added flavours or preservatives." Kendall kept reading out loud.

"These don't have preservatives as well!" YN exclaimed.

But the organic lover wasn't gonna buy it. He took one jar from YN and faced the decision maker, holding two different jars.

"Alright baby girl, which one do you want-" he began.

"Baby are you being serio-"

"Shhh!" He cut her off mid-sentence. "This is poop flavoured." He held up the one, YN recommended. "And this is what daddy wants you to eat. It'll taste all yummy!"

Of course the little confused soul giggled at the one Kendall emphasised more on. The words 'daddy' and 'yummy' somehow made her giggle.

"See! She wants the organic one!! That's my baby girl!" Kendall smiled big, covering her little face with kisses, as she continued to giggle loudly.

"You made faces at her! You know that always cracks her up!" YN took the jars from his hands and tried it herself.

"Princess, this is the poopy one, daddy eats poop all the time. And this is yummy! It has-"

"I eat poop all the time?!"

"Stop cutting me off! Yes you do!"

"What you eat isn't healthy!"

"Babe, organic doesn't really make a differen-"

"Wrong!"

The decision maker, looked back and forth, trying to figure out every single word but it wasn't easy. After all, she was just a baby with two very 'unique' parents.

"SHUSH!" YN yelled, and everyone stopped to look at her. "Sorry." She mumbled, looking around at the ones who weren't meant to actually shut up. "We'll take both. The one she starts growing fond of, we'll start buying that next time. Deal?"

"Deal."

Now that was that, until it'd all start again right after their very beloved daughter would taste two very different types of food, for the first time.