Chapter 23

a/n: hi peeps....WE HIT 3K! tysm I honestly didn't expect for this book to have so many reads! anyways enjoy Dacre as a dad also sorry for the late update been busy studying and writing essays.--E

2 days later:

Dacre

Grace I and the babies have spent the last two days in the hospital just to make sure they were all okay, ang so far they were. So we were allowed to bring the twins home today. I was busy daydreaming about how life would be with the babies at home when Raelynn began to cry causing me to rush over to her and gently cradle her.

"Shh babygirl daddy has you. Daddy had you," I repeated as she began to calm down. " "See I told you daddy has you," I said as she looked at me.

"See baby. I told you that you were going to be a great dad," I heard Grace say as I turned to her as she gave me a tired smile.

"I think it's about feeding time," I said looking at my watch them handing Raelynn to Grace.

"Well I've already fed Xavier so he should be good," she said as began breastfed Raelynn as I nodded then said in the chair beside the bed closing my eyes. Then Sadie walked in.

"Hey the doctor said we can be out of here by noon," she whispered as she sat beside me.

"Good because Grace definitely misses our bed," I said I looked over at Grace who was now asleep as Raelynn laid on her chest.

"I miss mine, too. Try not to get her pregnant for awhile," she joked as she nudged my side.

"Oh I can promise you that," I sighed. "Do you think can handle this while I get some shut eye?" I asked her.

"Yeah get some sleep old guy," Sadie breathed.

"I'm not old," I said before I dozed off.

______________________

On the way home Grace and Sadie say sat in the back talking and cooing to the twins.

"You know. I love your daddy so much. He's the love of my life. And so since  helped make you. You two are also the love of my life," she cooed causing my eyes to get glossy.

"Who's daddy is stupid? Yours is!" Sadie said as she lightly chuckled.

"Hey I'm not stupid. I just don't always make the best choices," I said glancing back at Sadie stifling a laugh which I just rolled my eyes to.

"We're here," I said as I parked the car in the driveway. I saw Sadie reach to get Xavier, but Grace swatted her hand away shaking her head no.

I then got out of the front seat to the back to get Xavier.

"Hey big guy. You ready to see the home you're gonna grow up in," I said as I grabbed Xavier's car seat and carried it inside.

When I got in Grace already had a crying Raelynn in her arms as she tried calming her down giving me a pleadful look.

"Switch," I said as I handed her Xavier and she handed me Raelynn who instantly shut up as she got in my arms.

"How?" Grace asked breathlessly.

"She's a daddy's girl," I beamed causing Grace to roll her eyes.

_______________________

After hours of playing, feeding, changing, and bathing babies we were finally able to lay them down. I was sat on the couch with Grace on my chest.

"We're pretty good at this," Grace breathed.

"Yeah we are, and you were so scared," I joked as she elbowed me in the stomach.

"Shut up, Montgomery," she said.

"I was thinking about that last name," I said as I twirled her wet hair in my fingers.

"What do you mean?" she questioned as she sat up but still allowed me to play with his hair.

"Would you ever want to be Grace Montgomery? I mean not right now exactly, but like in the future?" I asked nervously scared to meet her electrifying green eyes.

"Of course I do, Dacre. You're not only the father of my children or my boyfriend. You're the love of my life, and I couldn't see myself without you," she said as she played with my hair.

"Good,"I breathed.

"Baby, I'm tired. Carry me to bed?"she asked as a smirk played on her face.

"Yeah," I said as I rolled my eyes.

As we got to the room I put Grace on ths bed and I followed suit falling asleep.

___________________

"I'm not in love with you anymore Dacre we're over," Grace breathed as a tear ran down her cheek.

"But we have a life together. We have a family together," I said trying to pull her in for a hug, but she pulled away.

"No stop. I'm leaving you. I don't want you anymore. I found someone new. We're done end of discussion." She she said as she walked out of the door.

"Grace! No!" I said as I shot up in bed.

"Baby what's wrong," Grace asked tiredly as she got up and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I-I had a n-nightmare and y-you left m-me," I stuttered as hot tears streaked my cheeks.

"Oh baby," she said pulling me down to lay beside her my head on her chest.

"I'm never leaving you I promise," she said petting my hair. "Now go to sleep I'm right here," she said as she fell asleep.