Chapter One

It all started when Sadie called me at 5 am on a Monday. "Hey lil sis, what's up?" "Hey um, ya see I got this part on this show and it's shooting in Atlanta and I was wondering if-" I cut her off because I already knew her question.
"You want to know if you can come stay with me," I had completed for her.
"YES exactly. Please Grace, this is my big break and you're my only option," she begged.
"Okay, I guess when will you be here?"
"I'll be there Wednesday," she said.
"Okay that gives me time to get your room together love you, even though you woke me up at 5 A.M."
"I love you too, bye Gracie Boo,"
she teased.

"Bye Squirt."

------------------------

After I woke up at the time I was supposed to woke up I went to IKEA to get stuff for Sadie's bedroom since I only had one day to get it all together, little squirt.

---------------------------

It took me three hours to shop for Sadie's bedroom, and I was too exhausted to put it all together so I paid the store extra to have some workers put everything together. When I got home I directed the workers to Sadie's room, after I did that I went out to get groceries because my kitchen was literally empty. While I was at the store Sadie had called. "Hey what's up Squirt." She was crying. "Hey get hey what's wrong?" I questioned. "H-he hit me," she whined. Our father had always been abusive, to me and out older brother, Darren, but he NEVER hit Sadie.

"Oh my God, where are you right now?" I asked storming out of the grocery store.

"Grandma Louise's," she cried.

"Pack your belongings and go to the neighbor's house, I'll be there in a few hours." She agreed and hung up. Thank God she was at Grandma Louise's it's only about three and a half hours away.
---------------------------------

As soon as I showed up at the neighbor's house she ran into my arms, her face bruised. What the hell happened, Sadie?"

"Dad got mad at me for not cleaning the dishes correctly," she explained.

"I'm calling Darren," I breathed.

"No you can't he'll be even angrier than you are."

"Exactly, dad has never got you, and he's not about to get away with it like he did with us," I explained.

"O-okay," she stuttered.

"Hey Get in the car and lock the fucking doors," I ordered. She nodded her head okay. After I called Darren he was there in thirty minutes since he didn't live that far away. When he got there he of course checkled on Sadie, nodded towards me to follow him inside.

Our father was asleep on the couch but that didn't stop Darren. "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST HIT SADIE OVER SOME FUCKING DISHES, DAD?!" Darren boomed. Our father woke up scowling at Darren. Ever since Darren was able to fight with himself he hasn't messed with him.Until now.

"She needs to learn how to be my maid, since Grace sucked at it," he said whole while he stood up face to face with Darren.

"You're gonna regret saying that old man," he growled. He hit our father a lot then we left but as I left I had to say something.

"AND I DIDN'T SUCK AT DISHES YOU WERE JUST ALWAYS TO DRUNK TO NOTICE SHIT , I'LL BE MEETING YOU AT THE COURTHOUSE FRIDAY FOR CUSTODY OF SADIIE," I shouted.

------------------------------------------

Sadie got out of the car and ran to me and Darren as we were stepping out of the house.

"A-are you guys okay?" she questioned.

Then she looked down at Darren's fists, which were bloodied.

"Oh," she said looking at the ground. Me and Darren engulfed her in a hug.
"We made a promise to ourselves that if he ever hit you he wouldn't get away with it," I told her.

"Especially after I get custody," I stated.

"Wait what?How?" Sadie beamed.

"Lets Let's just I have some people in the court system who owe me some favors," I assured her.

-----------------------------------

After Sadie and Darren exchanged 'see you laters' we started heading home.

"You feel like going to the grocery store since that's where I was when you called, and I have nothing at the house?" I asked.

"Sure," she agreed.

As always Sadie bought half the store, but she deserves it.We got home I unpacked groceries and Sadie went and unpacked her stuff and took a shower.While she was doing that I cooked a healthy dinner I don't even know the name of but know its Sadie's favorite.As I was doing that my best friend, Katie FaceTimed me.

"Hey hoeeeee," she beamed.

"Heyyy," I laughed.

"So what are ya doing?" she asked.

"Oh ya know just raising Sadie."

"Spilllllll," she ordered.

After I told her everything she said she's sorry and hung up the phone, and by that time Sadie was out of the shower and dinner was ready.We talked and laughed over dinner she stated she loved her room.I was glad because I didn't get any preferences from her.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, Squirt."

"Okay I'll just in my room on the phone."

As I was on the shower I traces over my scars from my father bringing back memories that I never asked for, and cried a little because it made me depressed but it also made me happy because I saved Sadie from that horrible torture.

After I hopped out of the shower I went to Sadie's to see she was on the phone with someone as she said she would be.

"Who are ya talking to?" I questioned.

"Oh this Dacre he plays my brother on Stranger Things," she said.

I looked at the phone screen to see a drop dead gorgeous human being with beautiful blue eyes.

"Holy shit he's fucking hot,"I breathed regrettiing it as soon as I said it, blushing.

"I can say the same thing , babygirl," he spoke.

Holy shit his accent.

"Sadie you never told me your sister was the most beautiful girl in the whole fucking world," he chuckled.

She chuckled."My bad I didn't know you two would drool over each other," she snorted.

"What is your name doll?" he asked me.

"It's Grace," I gushed.

"Nice to meet you, Grace," he said as he sexily smirked.