Chapter 40

(Might be more mistakes than usual I didn't read it over very well I'm super tired but I feel bad and really wanted to update!)

Savannah POV:

As Fawn and I were cleaning the kitchen from our breakfast, the front door opens and shuts.

In the past month that Fawn has officially moved in multiple people have been stopping by more often. Most of the time it was Jeff which was suspicious on multiple levels. Noelle decided that she was going to stay with her parents more permanently than she had initially planned but her and Jeff were still together which strikes me as odd. He still doesn't know what really happened to her and yet he hasn't dumped her ass now that he knows Fawn wants him, and trust me he does know. The other half of the time the unexpected visitor was Tig coming over to reap the benefits of my home cooked meals. He pretended it was to spend time with his daughter but I knew that man as if he was my own father and it wasn't coincidence he came over every time at dinner hour.

Today however, the person who entered my home was Gemma, now she was here for me. As she walks in she makes herself comfortable by grabbing a cup of coffee and plopping herself down at the kitchen table while Fawn and I continue with the dishes.

"Hey kids." She says after taking a satisfied sip from her mug that's resting between her hands.

"Morning Gem." Fawn greets happily where as I only smile at her.

"Jax?" She questions wondering his whereabouts outloud.

"Cleaning out the garage." I say and nod my head in that direction.

Gemma stays silent for a couple of minutes, taking a sip off her coffee every so often. I knew that look, she was forming a question. She opens her mouth about to speak... here it comes.

"So I hear Jeff's been coming around here a lot." She adds attempting to sound sly and indirectly say it to Fawn.

The dish in Fawn's hands slips into the sink shattering into countless pieces. She obviously wasn't expecting that.

"Shit." I curse looking into the glass filled sink.

My mom's chuckle could be heard from behind us and Fawn looked completely mortified. It was one thing for me to know her antics when it came to coming between Jeff and Noelle but another for Gemma to know. Homewrecking was not something my mom accepted no matter who you were and Fawn was no exception.

"So?" She questions again waiting for a response of which she hasn't received yet.

Fawn's face fell even more and her internal debate was evident on her face. She wasn't sure what to say or rather if she should lie or not, that much was obvious.

"We've just been hanging out Gem, nothing's going on I swear." Fawn says finally answering and with a surprisingly even voice.

The walls in the house were paper thin so unless Jax and I were both deaf or they were completely silent, I knew she was telling the truth. What they were doing behind the closed doors of Fawn's new room? I don't know, but I do know sex was not one of them.

"Hey I'm just asking, but if I were you, I'd keep my distance until he's officially a single man. I may like you better than the prissy bitch but I hold no respect for homewreckers." She says proving my internal point.

Fawn only nodded her head in understanding instead of verbally replying since Jax was coming through the back door. It was an old ladys job to keep the drama and pettiness of us girls away from them and not let it get in the way of club business.

"Hey Gem." Jax greets putting the filled cardboard box down and planting a kiss on her cheek.

Fawn exited the room, probably overcome by awkwardness, leaving only us three left in the kitchen.